Nesbitt to be new Who?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Nesbitt to be new Who? Reply with quote

From the moment David Tennant slipped into the black leather jacket vacated by Christopher Eccleston, speculation has been rife as to when the handsome Scottish star will step down as the Doctor.

He's always maintained a dignified silence, but when names start to be bandied about in the Press, there's usually something afoot.

Jekyll actor James Nesbitt is rumoured to be the next in line to fly the Tardis. He's good friends with Steven Moffat, who wrote Jekyll, and who is widely tipped to replace Russell T Davies, who steps down next year.

That's a lot of rumour, but according to an insider: "Moffat has worked with James on Jekyll and the talk in BBC Drama is that he's a shoo-in as the next Doctor. First a Scottish Doctor - now we could have a Northern Irish one."

Never mind his nationality - will he be able to defend us from the likes of the Ood, Slitheen and - of course - the Daleks?
Bat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ I just had a picture in my mind of Rab C Nesbitt Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Cool

See that, that's funny that....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, glad you liked it - here's a fullsize version

http://couchtripper.com/pics/faceless-rabcnesbitt-drwho-big.jpg
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very funny , maybe he would be better?
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I love James Nesbitt, but I don't know if I could see him as The Doctor. Not really sure why....!
Bat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Cool

Yea but what about the string vest
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Eccleston was the best suited Doctor ever , he brought a (Manchester) attitude to the charictor , the Doctor has always been written as pretty arrogant and a wierd kind of street wise , and he was the only one in my opinion who actualy played him that way
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Eccleston was better too - this new one with his trendy gelled hair and hint of bloody grown-up Harry Potter just doesn't amuse me!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I just found:

Quote:
last saturday, after watching the final episode of Jekyll, I thought wouldn't it be a jolly wheeze to announce on Chortle that James Nesbitt was to become the new Doctor Who - of course I just made it up to see if anyone would believe it, all I wrote in the forum was "So, James Nesbitt is to be the next Doctor Who when Tennant leaves the role" - I couldn't qualify this statement, because, as I said, i wasn't true.
Quite a few Chortlers replied, accepting this statement - a few did question the source of this information - I couldn't answer them as the source was my imagination.
I wondered if this "information" would spread to the press - and it did -
it even resulted in Stephen Moffatt making the following statement (as reported in "The Stage":
"The James Nesbitt story is a total fabrication. Made up. A fantasy. Just a guy sitting at a desk and just inventing stuff.
I wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m getting embarrassed for the deeply wonderful Jimmy Nesbitt. So tell everyone please, cos it’s getting very silly."
I, Psycho Dave, am that "guy" - i wasn't actually sitting at a desk, I was in bed, typing the story in on my laptop.

Isn't it amazing that a single sentence typed into a forum on Chortle could make such news

so there you go! haha
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I'm pretty glad about that. Not sure he would have ever been right for the role. Good old Psycho Dave. Amazing how you can get people to believe anything, eh! Ha ha ha.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Here's something I just found:

Quote:
last saturday, after watching the final episode of Jekyll, I thought wouldn't it be a jolly wheeze to announce on Chortle that James Nesbitt was to become the new Doctor Who - of course I just made it up to see if anyone would believe it, all I wrote in the forum was "So, James Nesbitt is to be the next Doctor Who when Tennant leaves the role" - I couldn't qualify this statement, because, as I said, i wasn't true.
Quite a few Chortlers replied, accepting this statement - a few did question the source of this information - I couldn't answer them as the source was my imagination.
I wondered if this "information" would spread to the press - and it did -
it even resulted in Stephen Moffatt making the following statement (as reported in "The Stage":
"The James Nesbitt story is a total fabrication. Made up. A fantasy. Just a guy sitting at a desk and just inventing stuff.
I wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m getting embarrassed for the deeply wonderful Jimmy Nesbitt. So tell everyone please, cos it’s getting very silly."
I, Psycho Dave, am that "guy" - i wasn't actually sitting at a desk, I was in bed, typing the story in on my laptop.

Isn't it amazing that a single sentence typed into a forum on Chortle could make such news

so there you go! haha

Chinese whispers for the 21st century, i got that article as the main story of the day on yahoo new's, this is making me think I may not be able to trust everything i read on the internet Mad
harry perkins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a shame, I'd have liked him to be the new Who, maybe the Beeb should consider it given the response.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sir Ben Kingsley is reportedly close to signing up to playing classic Doctor Who villain Davros - creator of the Daleks - in the next season of the cult show.

An insider told The Sun: "Ben’s agent has been in talks for a while now and he’s very keen to play the part of Davros. A deal will be signed any day now."

Kingsley, best known for his Oscar-winning portrayal of Mahatma Gandhi in the 1982 film, is no stranger to playing ruthless villains as he portrayed The Hood in the recent Thunderbirds film. He was also Oscar nominated for his portrayal of the malevolent gangster Don Logan in the 2000 film Sexy Beast.

The character of Davros was first introduced in the 1975 story 'Genesis of the Daleks' as the evil Kaled geneticist who masterminded the creation of the Daleks in a bid to exterminate the rival Thal race on Skaro. He was last seen in the 1988 story 'Remembrance of the Daleks', where he managed to flee from the Dalek mothership in an escape pod moments before it was destroyed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: