The Galloway Rap...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comsatangel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: The Galloway Rap... Reply with quote

Heard this morning on the Talksport breakfast show, a trailer for GG's show featuring the man himself "rapping" "Don't push me, 'cos I'm close to the edge..." and billing him as "The man they couldn't hang." It was hilariously awful. Shame I was half asleep and couldn't record it.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just listening to Gaunt now .. he stated that anyone who tries to say that there may be a link between overseas actions of Britain and local terrorism is a "collaborator".

Didn't a British commission come to the same conclusion that the invasion of Iraq has lead to an increase in terrorism ?
Blair was even warned of this BEFORE the invasion [a link he has consistently denied existed]

Gaunt also said he believes Britain didn't do ANY mistake when they invaded Iraq.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to an extract from today's Gaunt show :

It has the Galloway Rap (at 2 minutes 20 seconds) :
http://SpideredVideo.com/GeorgeGalloway/gaunt_20070726_extract.mp3

At the end (at 4 minutes 27 seconds) :
Quote:
"Just to be absolutely clear with you, I think we should invade Zimbabwe now and remove Saddam Hussein... what's his name, I made a mistake their, not Saddam Hussein, but Mugabe, same thing I agree .. He should do the Saddam Swing. I would love to see Mugabe swing, I would love it, .. in fact I would pay good money for it"

Isn't this crossing the line into advocating terrorism and assassination of a foreign leader?

Didn't Berezovsky say something along the line of saying he will work for a violent revolution in Russia ? At least Berezovsky didn't publicly advocate the hanging of Putin (let alone say he would be prepared to "pay good money for it").

Imagine a Muslim saying something along this line against a pro-western leader .. he would be "questioned" before he even finished his next sentence.

Imagine I said I went into a Pub and said I want "x" to be hanged and prepared to "pay good money for it", I would probably be charged with attempted murder (i.e. trying to hire an assassin).

The laws in Britain was recently changed to make advocating overseas revolutions punishable in Britain (e.g. via extradition), but this law seems to be selectively enforced only against people advocating revolutions against FRIENDLY countries.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rap is absolutely appauling. I am laughing out of sheer horror and embarrassment. Lucy should have vetoed it!
harry perkins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite enjoyed the rap, but Gaunt was even worse than I thought, saying that Peter Hain was stopping us from invading Zimbabwe because Mugabe used to be his idol. The same Peter Hain who was Mugabe's main bater in the UK Govt when he was a junior foreign minister. Of course Hain and Mugabe did agree back in the day about getting rid of apartheid; from his comments it seems that the fat wee pig did not.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry perkins wrote:
from his comments it seems that the fat wee pig did not.

Now .. now .. don't insult the pigs.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks faceless.

Here's a link to a higher definition version of the recording :

http://SpideredVideo.com/GeorgeGalloway/GallowayRap_20070726_56kbs.mp3
Salim201

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
I am just listening to Gaunt now .. he stated that anyone who tries to say that there may be a link between overseas actions of Britain and local terrorism is a "collaborator".

Didn't a British commission come to the same conclusion that the invasion of Iraq has lead to an increase in terrorism ?
Blair was even warned of this BEFORE the invasion [a link he has consistently denied existed]

Gaunt also said he believes Britain didn't do ANY mistake when they invaded Iraq.

no gaunts got the same problem as a lot of journalists and commentators, that is to say they don't, and cannot recognise the crimes of their own government, or of states for that matter. They're focussed on the pirates whilst overlooking the emporer as 'benign' and legitimate in everything it does in terms of foreign policy. Unfortunately the victims of 'our' crimes don't see it that way, Iraqi's don't, Palestinians don't, Afghani's don't etc. And he can't comprehend the concept of blowback. All bombing is terrorism i'm afraid..
GingerTruck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyer john gaunt is just a loud mouth pratt what do you expect from an idiot who writes for the sun
harry perkins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is George filling in for Gaunt from Monday? I think Gaunt said that on the clip but George hasn't mentioned it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: