Saudis building nuclear capacity?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nico

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Saudis building nuclear capacity? Reply with quote

Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the same non-sense pro-neocon / pro-Israeli biased propaganda spewed out by MMRI, coming from the same stable as Iraq had WMDs.

Surprised though if above report shows a tilt in their target to Saudi Arabia. I believe the neo-con "plan" was to take out Iran first, and then Saudi Arabia. Maybe this report shows the start of the Saudi campaign, but whether that means the Iran attack is being skipped (or is imminent) is anyone's guess. I suppose once we see if the anti-Iran propaganda campaign changes tack then we will know.

p.s. Correction : This is an Iranian backed web site as discussed on :
http://couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=41594&highlight=#41594

So this report has to be seen as an extension of the Sunni / Shiite war in Iraq. As thus, it bodes badly for stability in the region if Iran & Saudi publicly criticize each other, and thus hasten the conflict between the West and Iran.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Saudi Arabia has been a vocal opponent of Iran for decades. I reckon the fact that they funded Saddam Hussein in his war against them is something that should be looked at more.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
But Saudi Arabia has been a vocal opponent of Iran for decades. I reckon the fact that they funded Saddam Hussein in his war against them is something that should be looked at more.

Yep, Saudi & Kuwait funded Saddam under the approval / orders of the US. Saddam was thus able to buy weapons (including chemical weapons) from UK & US (sold by Cheney) .. something George campaigned against at the time [one of the few MPs who did]

Indeed, one of the reason why Saddam invaded Kuwait was the Kuwaitis were turning the screw on him by asking for repayment of these "loans" which Saddam couldn't or wouldn't do (he probably thought they should be written off since he was just doing the US/UK's bidding)
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand Saudia Arabia, and I wish this country didn't have to be phony friends with that country. If anyone thinks that the US and Saudia Arabia are true friends, they are off their rocker. Quite frankly, I wish it were possible to just have nothing to do at all with the Middle East, including Israel. Just let them all go at it and kill each other. I'm so fed up with the whole lot of them. I'm also fed up with all the made up crap that comes from some people here on this site as well. It's truly laughable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I can't stand Saudia Arabia, and I wish this country didn't have to be phony friends with that country. .

I can relate to the feeling, but the situation is more a modern day colonialism : US is effectively stealing Saudi Oil wealth, with the acquiescence of corrupt puppets which the West put into power there. Everything we see / read that Saudi is an independent country is just for PR to make the Western citizens still believe they are the good guys.
nico

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were on the right track about Saudi Arabia till,
pirtybirdy wrote:
Quite frankly, I wish it were possible to just have nothing to do at all with the Middle East, including Israel. Just let them all go at it and kill each other.

With all due respect Pirty, comments like that are as bad as radical Jihadists' perception that all westerners are as neo-con as the ones in white house, so lets bomb them all. Crying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: