Amy Winehouse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Winehouse speaks of anger as he is forced to give back donations after opportunist registers Amy's foundation
Sarah Fitzmaurice
22nd August 2011

After the shock death of his beloved daughter last month he made his intentions to set up a foundation in Amy’s name quite clear. But Mitch Winehouse has been forced to return donations that have been received from fans because someone has already registered the organisation’s name.

It appears that the plans for the foundation now have to be put on hold while solicitors try and rectify the situation. A spokesperson for Mitch told MailOnline: ‘Someone registered the charity name meaning that the foundation couldn’t be launched at the time it was supposed to. They are trying to work out the situation at the moment.’

Meanwhile Mitch revealed his anger and said: ‘We all have to bombard the tabloids websites to put pressure on this dickhead who stole our foundation name. Instead of concentrating on allocating funding I am having to send cheques back cos we don't haven't got bank ac in that name. Mitch’ He added: ‘This person was offering to sell name on website. We have got this withdrawn.’

Mitch also revealed how the opportunist tried to contact Amy’s ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil to try and set up the foundation. He mused: ‘Blake? Can you imagine?’

It appears that it hasn’t just been one rogue individual who has tried to cash in on the plans for the foundation the evidence of which can be found by website registrations. A internet user called ‘sghuk’ of Cheshire has registered Amywinehousefoundation.org.uk is which was purchased on 16 August 2011. Meanwhile Amywinehousefoundation.com has also been purchased, and amywinehousefoundation.org was registered by Hertfordshire's Anthony Webb-Jobes on 31 July 2011, the Guardian has reported.
Needed help: Amy's father hopes to help people who have similar problems to his daughter who battled drink and drugs

Speaking at the singer’s funeral he said: ‘I was with my cousin Michael when I heard and straight away I said I wanted an Amy Winehouse Foundation, something to help the things she loved - children, horses, but also to help those struggling with substance abuse. In this country, if you cannot afford a private rehabilitation clinic, there is a two-year waiting list for help. With the help of Keith Vaz MP, we are trying to change that.’
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greedy bastards or smart businessmen? I say greedy bastards....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy Winehouse - BBC Session
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's top story on Yahoo? Amy Winehouse has had to cancel the rest of her tour....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get a screenshot of that spurs?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Face, I missed your request. It was an article from June and there were several comments below it discussing why it was popping up as the top story....some thought that loads of people were reading the old article and that is why it was the top story. I will try to find it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: