US woman arrested over dry lawn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: US woman arrested over dry lawn Reply with quote

no wonder they haven't caught bin laden if the police are to busy on this type of crime Laughing

whats going to happen in a dry season when theres a hose pipe ban?! wink
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh! I guess crime in Utah is so low that they are now resorting to arresting people with dry lawns. What a fucking waste of time and energy and that poor woman.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit of a police state if you can be forced to water your lawn .. or forced to maintain your garden in a certain way (assuming it isn't overgrowing into neighbouring plots)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She probably lives in a deed restricted area that has specific guidelines. I have that in my neighborhood, but since there are water restrictions in place, the more common accusation is over watering as opposed to letting it go dry. I would think at this time of year and in that part of the country, everything would be brown and dry. Guess they are getting more rain than we are.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste of time! I'm all for making my lawn look nice, but it comes to a point when you've neither the time nor the money to keep your lawn green. Also, we've got a watering ban in effect here--- even numbered houses can water/wash their cars on even days and odd number houses on odd.... everyone on Sundays. This town sounds like their not really water conscious if they can resort to these kinds of tactics.

FFS... it's grass people!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing They have just now had a report on the news asking people to stop watering their lawns altogether and to only water their trees (we are known as the "Forest City").... also asking not to wash cars, fill pools, etc.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mow it and weed-whack and I need to fix the sprinkler well pump but that's it. There is a man on my street who actually works on his lawn EVERY DAY after work. We actually call him obsessive lawn guy.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
I mow it and weed-whack and I need to fix the sprinkler well pump but that's it. There is a man on my street who actually works on his lawn EVERY DAY after work. We actually call him obsessive lawn guy.

That would be my dad...... retirement must be nice Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
There is a man on my street who actually works on his lawn EVERY DAY after work. We actually call him obsessive lawn guy.

I have actually seen him at lunch time in his office work clothes watering or weed whacking... crazed
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was definitely a nutty story for sure. I had read that recently. Talk about the low crime and nothing to do.....It reminds me of some of those Father Ted episodes when the policeman is always asking Ted have you heard of any murders Ted? Are those car tags up to date ted? Someone stole the whistle......LOL!!LOL!! They have their own little Craggy Island problem over there....LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawn police! , only in America
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Spusfan about her "notices" about the height of her weeds. It's crazy!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
Ask Spusfan about her "notices" about the height of her weeds. It's crazy!

Yep, sad but true. When I first moved back into my mother's house and right after she passed away (like I am going to pay attention to the lawn then!!), I continually got citations from the city that my lawn (translate that as "weeds and sand spurs") were too high and should be mowed, that I was not keeping my lawn to city code. Good thing they have so much time to worry about my lawn!!
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from experience there are no lawns in Florida, patches of sandy earth held together with sandspurs, for the uninitiated sandspurs are a kind of thin grass that produce these seeds that stick to everthing and spread like wildfire , the other thing i remember about FL lawns is fireants , natures answer to the atom bomb , impossible to kill impossible to remove from your garden and they have this neat trick where 300 of them crawl up your leg then on a chemical signal they all bite at once , and the bites fester and come up again and again for weeks like inchy blisters that turn into septic soars , yep you cant beat a picnic on the grass in Florida
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan1254 wrote:
from experience there are no lawns in Florida, patches of sandy earth held together with sandspurs, for the uninitiated sandspurs are a kind of thin grass that produce these seeds that stick to everthing and spread like wildfire , the other thing i remember about FL lawns is fireants , natures answer to the atom bomb , impossible to kill impossible to remove from your garden and they have this neat trick where 300 of them crawl up your leg then on a chemical signal they all bite at once , and the bites fester and come up again and again for weeks like inchy blisters that turn into septic soars , yep you cant beat a picnic on the grass in Florida

Well, now in fairness, I no longer have sand, sand spurs or weeds (well in a few places...). My grass is thick, green and manicured, thanks to my lawn and sprinkler guys. And no fire ants....Alan, you should come visit!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: