Google's Flawed Logic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Google's Flawed Logic Reply with quote

I just had to laugh at this. Google proving that its special "targeted advertising" software isn't quite as artificially intelligent as it should be!

Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it might be the opposite .. i.e. It either thinks someone who is searching for George might be looking for "mud to sling", OR it wants to show that person the view of someone AGAINST George.

But it isn't google's viewpoint : The person who puts up the advert (under Google's ADSENSE advert scheme) lists which keywords they want their advert associated with, so in above case, Ann Coulter seems to want to "target" GG's "traffic" [I assume she thinks Galloway is GG and not the town]
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
Actually, it might be the opposite .. i.e. It either thinks someone who is searching for George might be looking for "mud to sling", OR it wants to show that person the view of someone AGAINST George.

But it isn't google's viewpoint : The person who puts up the advert (under Google's ADSENSE advert scheme) lists which keywords they want their advert associated with, so in above case, Ann Coulter seems to want to "target" GG's "traffic" [I assume she thinks Galloway is GG and not the town]

You take the humour out of everything. LOL.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
You take the humour out of everything. LOL.

You may not be surprised to hear that you aren't the first one who has told me this.

My computer says the same to me every day ....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes you wonder what her web people put in as catch-alls... I feel like signing up now though, I like to read something that makes the blood boil with my morning tea. haha
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. One way to "reward" Ann Coulter for showing you her advert, is to click on it when it is displayed to see where it leads to .. and if her web team are charged for the privilege (up to 50c per click through), well they only have themselves to blame for making their advert so lovely & enticing you to click it.
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to sign up, actually. It might give me something to rant about.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm more interested in what web page you had up you didn't want us to see sherlock ... that and yo american sheep Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i'm more interested in what web page you had up you didn't want us to see sherlock ... that and yo american sheep Laughing

Hehe, well that was my own website, but I thought better than to show it, cos it's from the fetish half of my life, not the political half... Embarassed wow
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
luke wrote:

Hehe, well that was my own website, but I thought better than to show it, cos it's from the fetish half of my life, not the political half... Embarassed wow

now i'm even more intrigued Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: