Record Breakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eighteen-year-old Junrey Balawing receives a certificate proclaiming him as the world's shortest man from the Guinness Book of World Records, in the rural southern Philippine township of Sindangan, Zamboanga Del Norte. Balawing, who measured 59.93 centimetres or 23.5 inches, was officially declared the world's shortest man as he celebrates his 18th birthday, stripping Nepal's Khagendra Thapa Magar of the title...
Shocked
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinny-dippers brave the cold to set new nude world record

400 skinny-dippers stripped off naked and plunged into the sea at Rhissili Beach in Wales to set a new nude world record. They braved the cold and tore off their clothes shortly before 8am today, and ran into the water shrieking and whooping with delight – but their cries of joy were shortly replaced by 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' because of the icy sea temperature. The existing record is believed to stand at 250 naked bathers in one location, and organisers plan to submit today's event to adjudicators at Guinness World Records in an attempt to claim the title.

Skinny dipper Lizzy White, 25, said: 'I have flown in from Australia to take part – what was I thinking of? But it was great fun and very exhilarating to strip off and dive into the waves, even if they are a lot colder than what I’m used to.' Shivering Steve Absalom, 29, said: 'I’m quite shy and I have never swum naked before so to do it in front of 400 people was a bit of an eye-opener. But there was no embarrassment - it was just great fun.'

Organisers hope the sponsored event, which was organised to raise money for the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity and the National Trust, will bring in more than £5,000. Organiser Alison Powell said: 'It was great fun – I have never seen so many happy smiling faces. We hoped for 300 people but in the end we got a lot more - I’m delighted with the turn out.'

Many of the nudists posed to have their photographs taken in the shallows to prove to their sponsors that they took part in the event. Naked Sue Jones, 39, of Carmarthen, said: 'I’m putting my picture on Facebook for all to see. I’ve skinny-dipped before in Greece and Spain. This was the first time in Wales ... and the last!'

--------------------

That one flew from Australia to take part in a charity event? That makes perfect sense eh? Still, it looks a larff...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan tests world's fastest train
The latest magnetically levitated Maglev train has a record speed of 581kph.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsam Bubbleman breaks another world record for the most bubbles in a bubble
Pamela Owen
3rd July 2011

No matter how hard you huffed and puffed you probably wouldn't be able to blow this many bubbles. But Samsam Bubbleman is a professional bubble-maker and quite used to blowing bubbles and breaking records. The self-dubbed Bubbleologist, whose real name is Sam Heath, has broken his seventh Guinness World Record - this time for the most amount of bubbles in a bubble.

The latest achievement means he has broken one of his own records yet again but this time he managed to fit 56 bubbles into a bubble. In 2006 he first broke the record by getting 49 bubbles into a bubble. He has also holds the record for the most people in a bubble and managed to cram 19 into a bubble in 2006. More than a year later he smashed the same record but this time squeezed a staggering 50 people into a bubble while at London's Science Museum.

The father-of-two has also broken records for the longest chain of bubbles, the number of bounces a bubble can do and the largest frozen bubble. 'It's all about having the right bubble solution. If you have the right mixture then your tools don't matter. Being a bubbleologist is almost as much about being a wind catcher as it is a bubble maker. You become quite sensitive to changes in direction and you have to move at the right time to keep the bubble together.'

The 39-year-old said he had a 'bubble epiphany' 22-years-ago which made him determined to create the perfect bubble. 'I had a kind of bubble epiphany and was watching a bubble float across a field and there was a gentle breeze pushing it along,' he said. 'I was just mesmerised and then all of a sudden it popped and it was like it was never there.'

Samsam then set about making the perfect solution to create bubbles and has become so successful he was even once dubbed the Willy Wonka of bubbles by BBC Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans. In 2000 he went on to form his own company Bubblinc and now sells mixtures and equipment allowing even the most ordinary person to create the perfect bubble. He works with a team of Bubbleologists who travel the world performing for big corporate companies, including Universal Studios, and famous stars like Paul McCartney and Peter Gabriel.

And his secret to creating the perfect bubble. 'Yeast helps,' he joked.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Record Couch!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocoholic's heaven: Thorntons creates world record bar for centenary
Six tonne slab of milk chocolate poured by 50 people will be broken up with axes for sharing out
guardian.co.uk,
12 October 2011

Even the most dedicated chocoholic would struggle to get their teeth into this bar. Weighing almost six tonnes and measuring 4 metres (13ft) square, the giant slab of milk chocolate has broken the record for the world's largest chocolate bar. It has been created by Thorntons to mark the company's 100th birthday and, after months of top-secret cooking, the 5,792.5kg (12,770lb) treat was unveiled to staff and visitors at the confectioner's headquarters in Alfreton, Derbyshire, on Wednesday.

Paul Bell, a stock controller in Thorntons' toffee department, came up with the idea to celebrate the centenary and said creating it was no mean feat. "As you can appreciate, it was a massive task," he said. "On pouring day there were over 50 people involved pouring the chocolate into the mould and it took 10 hours to do, then a further three days to cool off." Bell, 34, from Heanor, was the first person to pour a bucket of chocolate into the stainless steel mould and said the recipe was exactly the same as Thorntons standard milk chocolate. An average bar weighs about 80g (2.8oz).

Guinness World Records adjudicators confirmed Thorntons had created the world's biggest chocolate bar, Bell said. Four weeks ago an American rival threatened to take the title but fell short with a 5,500kg (12,125lb) effort. The bar will not go to waste. Bell said it will be broken up with axes and given to Thorntons staff and customers in shops, as well as helping to raise money for charities.

Being surrounded by chocolate has not put Mr Bell off. "I'm never sick of the sight of chocolate," he said. "That's one of the perks of the job – you can have one every day, as long as you're within reason, of course."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World's Longest Eyebrow Hair

wow
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Record Diesel Powered Car
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World's Most Expensive Pile-Up?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple set new world record with 330,000 fairy lights around their home

David and Janean Richards have an incredible 331,038 fairy lights covering their property - smashing the previous world record.
David and Janean Richards -- Guinness World Record most lights on a property David and Janean Richards light up the sky on their property in Australia

The couple, from Forest Act, Australia, have 331,038 lights covering their property. David Richards, a barrister and father of three, has been working for the past four years to bring together all the decorations. The illuminations have helped to raise money for the charity SIDS and Kids - an organisation Mr Richards said helped his family during tough times in 2002.

Although their entry into the Guinness World Records and the money raised for charity have obviously gone down well with the Richards, the household don't plan to do the same thing next year. The couple will be passing the lights on, as a way of encouraging the new owners to raise money for charity.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussies break world water-ski record

finally, a practical use for these bastard super-yachts...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bench Balancing!

Li Hongxiao successfully holds up 23 benches with his teeth for 11 seconds in Chongqing, China. Li broke the previous Guinness World Record of 14 benches. Each bench is one metre long and 45 centimetres high and weighs 3 kilograms.

World's Oldest Art

This picture taken in the caves of Nerja, southern Spain, shows 42,000 year old paintings of seals believed to be the world's oldest works of art. The paintings of seals of the Nerja caves are the only known artistic images created by Neanderthal man
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First-time angler catches record-breaking fish in English Channel

Sea dogs might find it fishy but this beast was a case of beginners’ luck. Angler Chris Proctor has broken the record for the biggest cod caught in the English Channel – on his first sea fishing trip.

The 31-year-old’s 19.75kg (43lb 9oz) catch was so large he thought his hook was caught on a shipwreck, until his reel began spinning. An epic 30 minute battle ensued until the property agent landed the monster fish. But not before his rod jammed into his stomach, leaving him covered in bruises. ‘I almost didn’t go on the trip because I had so much work on but the rest of the guys talked me into it – thank god they did,’ he said. ‘None of us could believe our eyes when we got it on the boat and saw it’s size. It was an amazing experience and a once in a lifetime catch.’

The cod was caught 32km (20 miles) off Pevensey Bay in East Sussex last week. The previous record for the Channel was 15.9kg (35lb) in 2000. Mr Proctor, from Stoke Gabriel, Devon, has feasted his catch since. "I’ve had pan fried cod, cod in batter, a beautiful fish stew and a fish pie. I can’t tell you how much freezer space it has taken up,’ he added.

Mel Russ, editor of Sea Angler, said: ‘It is a stupendous achievement.’ The British record cod is 26kg (58lb), which was landed off Whitby, North Yorkshire, in 1992.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World's Largest Moth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: