Record Breakers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Record Breakers Reply with quote

American triumphs in eating battle
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
www.metro.co.uk

In a gut-busting showdown that combined drama, daring and indigestion, Joey Chestnut emerged Wednesday as the world's hot dog eating champion, knocking off six-time titlist Takeru Kobayashi in a rousing but repulsive triumph. Chestnut, the American hope in the annual Fourth of July competition, broke his own world record by swallowing 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes - a staggering one every 10.9 seconds before a screaming crowd in Coney Island. 'If I needed to eat another one right now, I could,' the 23-year-old Californian boasted after receiving the mustard yellow belt emblematic of hot dog eating supremacy.

Chestnut won against Kobayashi, the Japanese eating machine who recently had a wisdom tooth extracted and received chiropractic treatment due to a sore jaw. But Kobayashi, who won every Nathan's hot dog competition since 2001 showed no ill effects as he stayed with Chestnut frank-for-frank until the very end of the 12-minute competition. But once the contest ended, Kobayashi vomited, leading to a deduction from his final total. He finished with 63 hot dogs and buns eaten - still his best performance ever.

His previous high in the annual competition was 53½. The all-time record before Wednesday's remarkable contest was Chestnut's 59½, set just last month. Competitors receive credit for anything in their mouths at the 12-minute mark, provided they can swallow it. 'Obviously, the last bit exited his mouth quite dramatically,' said Rich Shea of the International Federation of Competitive Eating.

Kobayashi, through a translator, promised to return for the 2008 event. Chestnut's victory ended Japan's long dominance of the contest. The only previous non-Japanese winner since 1996 was New Jersey's Steve Keiner in 1999. Third place this year went to another American, Patrick Bertoletti of Chicago, with 49.

'This title's been held by Kobayashi for six years, so it's about time it came home,' said Chestnut, holding an American flag in his arms. I knew going into this contest that Kobayashi was going to give 100 percent.'

-------------------

Pointless world-records mixed with idiotic nationalism - brilliant!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I see those eating contests it makes me sick. I am shocked how people can be interested in this.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Everytime I see those eating contests it makes me sick. I am shocked how people can be interested in this.
I can't quite see it either! Funny though that it's always the Japanese who win this competition! Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Skylace wrote:
I can't quite see it either! Funny though that it's always the Japanese who win this competition! Very Happy

And such a skinny fellow as well. I need stomach meds just watching them eat like that! wow
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god we humans still strive for great achievements
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the hot dog companies just love these guys!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:
Skylace wrote:

And such a skinny fellow as well. I need stomach meds just watching them eat like that! wow

I was thinking the same thing!
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great picture Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life Is A Rollercoaster
Friday July 27, 2007

Daredevil Richard Rodriguez contemplates life's ups and downs as he begins his rollercoaster marathon world record attempt on Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Pepsi Max Big One. He is going head to head with two German rivals in Gieselwind, Germany, to try to break the current record of nine days and 12 hours non-stop. His rival, German Frank Rossler, known as "The Benjinator", clinched the current record on a rollercoaster in his home country.

Rodriguez said: "I was the undisputed king of rollercoasters for 30 years and I'm not going to watch these German challengers take my crown."

Under the rules, the American is able to tot up five minutes respite for every full hour ridden.
This is so he can change clothes, shower, have a hot meal and go onto the Big Dipper for night riding.Happy coastering!

---------------

the 'undisputed king of rollercoasters for 30 years'??? haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorist admits driving at 172mph

A motorist has admitted driving at a speed of 172 mph on a road in Oxfordshire. Timothy Brady was driving a Porsche 911 along the A420 near Kingston Bagpuize when he was caught in a routine speed check. Brady, aged 33, from Harrow in north west London, admitted the offence when he appeared at Oxford Crown Court and will be sentenced in September.

The speed is thought to be the highest recorded in the UK for such an offence. Brady also denied a further charge of aggravated vehicle taking.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he was running away from the cops. I doubt if the real-owner of the car would risk it ..
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'King tooth' bites into new world record
August 30, 2007

A Malaysian nicknamed "King Tooth" pulled a seven-coach train using a steel rope clenched in his mouth today, a feat that organisers said was a new world record for the heaviest weight pulled with teeth. Grunting and gasping, Rathakrishnan Velu's neck muscles strained and his face contorted as he hauled the 297.1-ton train over 2.8 metres along tracks.

The feat is expected to be recognised by Guinness World Records two to three weeks after verification of the data, said Rathakrishnan's manager, Anna Chidambar. "I don't know what toothpaste he uses but I am sure a lot companies will be looking to endorse their products," said cabinet minister Maximus Ongkili, a Cabinet minister.

-----------------------
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I always wonder is, how do people get started in these things? Do they just wake up one day and go "I think I'll pull a train with my teeth today?"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon they start off on model trains and before you know it they're on the hard stuff... it's a sad story. I bet if you looked at his arms you'd see track-marks too.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I reckon they start off on model trains and before you know it they're on the hard stuff... it's a sad story. I bet if you looked at his arms you'd see track-marks too.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: