evacuation at JFK airport right now

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: evacuation at JFK airport right now Reply with quote

Not much news as it's happening now, but an evacuation is occurring at JFK at the American Airlines terminal with bomb sniffing dogs. Probably over precautious because of the situation over at the UK. Dopey people are always walking away from their luggage, I see it all the time. Also, they forget it, and then wonder where in the airport they left it. Probably a false alarm, as usual. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it is just people being on edge. But from seeing how things have been 'organised' here by the people causing chaos I can't see it being anything substantial.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been given all clear .............
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they just announced the all clear. Prolly somebody's underwear and sex toys left behind at the curb by accident......The usual mindless tourist just before taking off for a long needed vacation. :-D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Sex toys! You're probably right Pirty. And I know what you mean about people just leaving their luggage. I had a guy just a while back who left his luggage in line so he could use the restroom. I got in line and asked the person in front of me if it was their's they said no, so I went to tell the lady behind the counter and at that point the guy came forward all furious, because he saw me pointing and talking about the bag. He was all huffy and going on about it was his and he had just stepped away for a moment. The lady behind the counter just explained to him not to do that and had him go back through security. I got glares from him the remainder of the time in the terminal. I just smiled back at him.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Laughing Sex toys! You're probably right Pirty. And I know what you mean about people just leaving their luggage. I had a guy just a while back who left his luggage in line so he could use the restroom. I got in line and asked the person in front of me if it was their's they said no, so I went to tell the lady behind the counter and at that point the guy came forward all furious, because he saw me pointing and talking about the bag. He was all huffy and going on about it was his and he had just stepped away for a moment. The lady behind the counter just explained to him not to do that and had him go back through security. I got glares from him the remainder of the time in the terminal. I just smiled back at him.

Exactly. I see that happen all the time. All the time. I'm one of those people who would have told him to go Eff himself to his face if he didn't understand. I'm not one for putting up with nonsense like that. You handled it a lot better than I would have....You must lots of patience being a teacher.... :-)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Exactly. I see that happen all the time. All the time. I'm one of those people who would have told him to go Eff himself to his face if he didn't understand. I'm not one for putting up with nonsense like that. You handled it a lot better than I would have....You must lots of patience being a teacher.... :-)

Laughing That I do and I have learned very quickly that me being calm and sweet and friendly to those type of people makes them even madder then being just as nasty back to them. Brings me a small amount of joy. Like when I had some neo-feminist in my face telling me how I WASN'T a woman because I became a MRS. when I married my husband. Instead of ranting right back at her I smiled and said "Aw, you're a feminist. That's so cute" and just smiled. She went on even further for my sarcasm and I just kept smiling at her and being overly sweet. It made my day to see her storm off instead of me.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn those wimmins!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Damn those wimmins!

Laughing
harry perkins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/wim/cong/genderedpronouns.html

http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/wim/cong/clothing.html

These persyns are quite mad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: