alan johnston released!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: alan johnston released! Reply with quote

Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad he is free. I am sure his family is happy as well.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant see what they achieve with these kidnappings they seem to serve little purpose
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news at last from troubled Palestine. I pray it's not a lonely glimmer of hope.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note he got freed AFTER the elected Hamas (which is opposed by Bush, Blair & Israel) took charge.

If "Fatah" (i.e. the favoured party of the west) was still in power, Johnston would probably still be in captivity.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is brilliant news - I heard him on the world-service just before I went to bed and was actually delighted for the guy as I didn't think there was much chance for him. Well done to Hamas for getting this done.
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW DARE THESE INSOLENTS LET LOOSE THIS Self Hating Westerner! Mad /end of sarcasm

I guess Israel, UK, and USA and others in the EU must be cringing in anger now.

Just around 3 in the morning, hundreds of Hamas went to certain area along with Islamic Scholar. Then the scholar declared that his abduction was NOT Islamic. After that end of story. Well done Hamas ....

But I won't expect any identifiable change in the racist and duplicitous attitude towards Hamas government and Palestinian people.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't expect any change either ash, this must be a nightmare for the zionists - although in a way i bet they are quite pleased to get johnston out of the way, there was a leaked email from earlier in the year from him talking about the situation in palestine, he kinda told it how it was but in a bit of a lightweight way, they went loopy over it, called for him to be removed as the bbc correspondent there - but in order to continue the land grab and prevent any peace process they have to discredit hamas, so we'll probably get a day or two or niceness towards hamas then it'll be back to normal Sad

apart from johnston being released, the only positive maybe in the public mind towards hamas - but once the demonisation starts up again that'll probably be short lived - if people are constantly told they're a militant group destined on the destruction of israel, people will believe it
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the 4th of July will be celebrated as Independence Day by at least one citizen of the UK!! Hooray for Alan Johnston!
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
... there was a leaked email from earlier in the year from him talking about the situation in palestine, he kinda told it how it was but in a bit of a lightweight way, they went loopy over it, called for him to be removed as the bbc correspondent there - but in order to continue the land grab and prevent any peace process they have to discredit hamas, so we'll probably get a day or two or niceness towards hamas then it'll be back to normal Sad

I didn't know about it. Thanks. If possible please let me know the source... Might be useful later...

The more they try to divide the Palestinian, the more stronger they'll get ... Hamas has demanded only two things- i) Israel to go back to 1967 border and ii) release of the Palestinians from Israeli jail. I can remember more than one occassion where Hamas has been saying that they (, the Palestinians,) don't need any money. All they want is their land and people back from Israel. Fatah leadership (Abbas, Dahlan et al gang) has already become the pawn of the Zionists. Thus making Palestinian more unite. Palestinians might be poor, deprived but they are certainly not stupid to trust in Fatah right now.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry ash i got my names mixed up, it wasn't alan johnston but jeremy bowen.

http://heathlander.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/outrageous-a-bbc-journalist-almost-criticises-israel-burn-the-witch/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: