Photographer loses case against Galloway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Photographer loses case against Galloway Reply with quote

Photographer loses claim against George Galloway over blurred pictures of christening
ANGUS HOWARTH
19th June 2007

A PHOTOGRAPHER yesterday lost a legal claim against George Galloway, the Respect MP, over a disputed assignment Mr Galloway said David Hoffman produced a set of pictures - including blurred images - which "left a scar on the memory" of his granddaughter's christening. Mr Hoffman, a freelance photographer, had claimed Mr Galloway's assistant employed him to produce PR news images and not cover the event as a social occasion. Mr Hoffman stated he was owed £715 for the job, which the politician has refused to pay.

Mr Galloway told the Central London county court it was "inconceivable" that he would hire a photographer not to record the event as a family memento. Judge Margaret Langley dismissed Mr Hoffman's claim and told the hearing he had acknowledged that if his pictures were taken to cover a christening and reception "they are inadequate". Outside court, Mr Galloway said: "Never can so much court time have been wasted on a vexatious claim. Mr Hoffman should be ashamed of himself."

Mr Galloway added: "We are relying on throw-away cameras and pictures taken on mobile phones because of the inadequacy of Mr Hoffman's work."

-----------------

Here's the guy's website - www.hoffmanphotos.com
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that guy must have had an off day, hes got some incredible photos on his site
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's what I was thinking too - some great stuff there
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say "I can't help feeling I hate lawyers .. they are the only ones who benefit from these type of disputes. ". However, this was probably a "small claims" court, where neither side could claim legal costs, and the cost to bring the claim was probably under £50.

I feel sorry for both the photographer & George.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: