Hockey Anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Hockey Anyone? Reply with quote

Is anyone out there was a hockey fan? I am a die hard Tampa Bay Lighting fan (my brother and I have season tickets). Just wondering if anyone out there enjoys a good battle on the ice.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hockey Anyone? Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Is anyone out there was a hockey fan? I am a die hard Tampa Bay Lighting fan (my brother and I have season tickets). Just wondering if anyone out there enjoys a good battle on the ice.

I have been a long time New York Rangers fan. Nothing better than the buzz of an arena at a hockey game! I love it! Played deck hockey in high school.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hockey Anyone? Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

I have been a long time New York Rangers fan. Nothing better than the buzz of an arena at a hockey game! I love it! Played deck hockey in high school.

Ain't that the truth!! I love watching hockey live and I really think that live is the best way to learn to watch hockey.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - me too, although a local radio host here always harps on about how people in my area are "Toronto Maple Leaf" fans, rather than hockey fans.

Personally I can't sit down and watch any hockey game the same way as I can with watching football (soccer), but still, I enjoyed the playoffs this year.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Yep - me too, although a local radio host here always harps on about how people in my area are "Toronto Maple Leaf" fans, rather than hockey fans. Personally I can't sit down and watch any hockey game the same way as I can with watching football (soccer), but still, I enjoyed the playoffs this year.

I think that this is true to a certain extent in any city with any sport. You get your locals that only bother to watch their own team. I can watch any hockey team, but usually watch my Lightning. As for footie, I can watch any team, any country (with the exception of MLS -- Can't watch that rubbish!), anytime, anywhere!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I was a huge Ranger fan, but on occasion I'd go to see an Islander game, since I live on Long Island, tickets sometimes came my way now and again. I never say no to seeing a live hockey game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Same here. I was a huge Ranger fan, but on occasion I'd go to see an Islander game, since I live on Long Island, tickets sometimes came my way now and again. I never say no to seeing a live hockey game.

Wow, that is impressive...that would be like me going to a Stinkin' Panther game without the Lightning being there. I don't think I could do that...oh, wait I did! I saw the Panthers play the Avalance in the Pepsi Center in Denver. I wore my Lightning jersey and all of the Panther fans Boo'd me! As if they didn't have enough to worry about with the Av's, they worried about one Lightning fan!
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally from Boston, my husband are Bruins fans. When we lived in Dallas we had Stars season tickets. Hockey rocks.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

Rangers all the way baby!

Hockey is the only sport that interests me at all. One reason I am excited about moving to Pittsburgh is hockey there and being near a place that actually has an interest in the sport.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Rangers all the way baby!

Hockey is the only sport that interests me at all. One reason I am excited about moving to Pittsburgh is hockey there and being near a place that actually has an interest in the sport.

Good thing the Pens were able to fix their financial issues for the upcoming season. Make sure you go to some games, Sky, and buy lots of hot dogs and sodas to help Mario keep the Pens in Pitts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: