Artist eats Corgi in Royal Protest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Artist eats Corgi in Royal Protest Reply with quote

Artist eats corgi to protest royals
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A performance artist ate a corgi live on radio on Tuesday night in protest at a hunt lead by Prince Philip. Mark McGowan said the meal was to highlight the alleged mistreatment of a fox which was shot on the Queen's Sandringham estate in January. The corgi, which is a breed favoured by the Queen, died at a breeding farm and was specially prepared for the 37-year-old on the London-based arts station 104.4 Resonance FM.

McGowan, whose earlier work includes rolling 64km (40miles) head over heels from London to Hertfordshire, said: 'I know some people will find this offensive and tasteless but I am doing this to raise awareness about the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Philip and his friends for shooting a fox.'

The RSPCA said: 'An independent post-mortem examination found the fox died from gunshot wounds – and there was no evidence of other injury.' Poorva Joshipura, director of Peta's European arm, said: 'It is high time the royals joined the rest of us who are opposed to cruelty to animals.' Mr McGowan has previously eaten a swan to protest against the royal family's cruelty (pictured), and also one nailed his feet to a gallery wall.

------------------

How peculiar.
Bat

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An odd bod if ever there was one.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an odd vegetarian.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has stuff like this ever worked? I am not saying do nothing, but how does eating the Queens fav canine stop her husband from shooting a fox?
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a dog owner, this guy immediately turns me off. I didn't even bother to read his arguments as to why he did it.

There are certainly more productive ways to get one's point across than eating a dog in protest.

I might have been open to listening to his point of view, but not now.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
As a dog owner, this guy immediately turns me off. I didn't even bother to read his arguments as to why he did it.

There are certainly more productive ways to get one's point across than eating a dog in protest.

I might have been open to listening to his point of view, but not now.

I think you pretty much summed up for me as well Kezza.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me as well.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Has stuff like this ever worked? I am not saying do nothing, but how does eating the Queens fav canine stop her husband from shooting a fox?

Agreed. What a stupid way to protest.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im apaulled, you cant eat a corgi !!, its all stringy and bits always get stuck between your teeth best to stick with something meaty like a big poodle but everyone has their own taste
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it is being discussed here there and everywhere else, says that this has worked.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce wrote:
The fact that it is being discussed here there and everywhere else, says that this has worked.

But we are not fox hunters (at least not this week - we are kinda thin on foxes here on the beach!). Hopefully the royal family is having the same discussion we are.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce wrote:

I was against fox hunting before this. All this made me do is be upset by his actions. Nothing more.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the dog was dead anyway - and what is the difference between a dog and a pig?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
But the dog was dead anyway - and what is the difference between a dog and a pig?

I understand that point. And I know that dog is eaten in other countries. And I'll be honest, I don't eat pig often at all for the same reason.

I just think you can make a statement in a lot of better ways then eating a dog that died at a breeders.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:

the taste wink

Skylace wrote:
I understand that point. And I know that dog is eaten in other countries. And I'll be honest, I don't eat pig often at all for the same reason.

in a way its better to eat that dog than say a pig thats been kept all its life cramped up in some warehouse

Skylace wrote:
I just think you can make a statement in a lot of better ways then eating a dog that died at a breeders.

how would you have done it? i mean, this kinda crazy stuff gets in the media - its got us talking, although its kinda pointless subject really - most people are against it anyway, its only a minority of rich tally ho folk who are still for it, and certain farmers

but anyone who thought the royals were ever going to stop shooting animals is crazy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: