Unanswered posts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bat

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Unanswered posts Reply with quote

Just looking through the unanswered posts section and it looks like Sunday the 7th of January 2007 was a bad day for me Crying I must have been on some crap to come out with that rubbish. crazed
I think I've done pretty well though, only 4 unanswered posts (all on the same day) in my time here. Cool
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 4? Bloody hell - I can get that many a day!
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a big deal to have unanswered posts? Should I respond to all posts I read? Personally, I only respondif I can come up with a response that is more than one word or an emoticon.

What is the correct etiquette?
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Marcella .. I tend to only respond if I have a non-trivial reply.

This "Unanswered posts" is more a reflection that Bat managed to post 4 items on one day which no-one replied to. Either Bat was a genious and his 1st posting was all that was needed to be said on those topics .. or he he was on something Smile
Bat

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
I agree Marcella .. I tend to only respond if I have a non-trivial reply.

This "Unanswered posts" is more a reflection that Bat managed to post 4 items on one day which no-one replied to. Either Bat was a genious and his 1st posting was all that was needed to be said on those topics .. or he he was on something Smile

I was on something, can't remember what though Embarassed
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Beach Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
Is it a big deal to have unanswered posts? Should I respond to all posts I read? Personally, I only respondif I can come up with a response that is more than one word or an emoticon.

IS that Sarasota beach in the backbround?
Marcella-FL

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Beach Reply with quote

alan1254 wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:

nope ... Belleair Beach ... same side of the state ... about an hour apart ...
luke

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry bat, i'm already way ahead of you and i've only been here a little while Embarassed Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bat. I agree with the others. Sometimes there is a post that I know nothing about, so I don't want to give a half arsed opinion on something. Sometimes it's on things that I don't want to have a pissing contest on, some things I could give an arse about, and some things I didn't see for some reason or other...lol! Don't take it personally though. I've had posts that have had none or little response. Some have had other members interest. It's hit and miss sometimes. Like your Czech stories and piccys :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Unanswered posts Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
Just looking through the unanswered posts section and it looks like Sunday the 7th of January 2007 was a bad day for me Crying I must have been on some crap to come out with that rubbish. crazed
I think I've done pretty well though, only 4 unanswered posts (all on the same day) in my time here. Cool

basicly I talk a load of shite ...most of the time....so if u see answers from me .....U may as well class the posts unanswered Very Happy
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Beach Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
alan1254 wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:

Not a bad guess from a bit of white sand in the background though, my wife loves it there she went swimming with dolphins that came to play with her once, nice place
Bat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not complaining about anyone not posting AT ALL. I was just commenting on the unanswered posts. Some posts are only of interest to the people who post them, some posts everyone adds a comment to.
Nowhere in my post am I complaining about anything but myself so I don't understand why people think I am having a moan. If you don't want to post a reply then don't post a reply - simple. thumbs Smile
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the opposite extreme, I am unsure if there is a record for most replied to / viewed posts .. but I note :

Sticky: Welcome to the Couch, introduce yourself!
[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 13, 14, 15 ] 222 posts Ally 17504 views

and

[from The Galloway Slant]
"God Is Not Great"
[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 12, 13, 14 ] 206 posts Comsatangel 3280 The Galloway Slant

Other than the "Welcome" thread, these long threads tend to be VERY heated / controversial.
Marcella-FL

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't think you werehaving a moan. Just wondered if I were the only one who tried to respond only if I can contribute well.
Marcella-FL

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Beach Reply with quote

alan1254 wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:
alan1254 wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:

Not a bad guess from a bit of white sand in the background though, my wife loves it there she went swimming with dolphins that came to play with her once, nice place

I like floating in the gulf listening to the dolphins sing. so relaxing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: