Beckham for Toon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Beckham for Toon? Reply with quote

BECKS FOR TOON
Exclusive by Paul Mccarthy
27/05/07

DAVID BECKHAM is planning a sensational return to England with Newcastle in a bid to extend his international career. A delighted Beckham was last night celebrating his recall to the England set-up and plotting a way to make it a long-term return... with a winter loan deal to Tyneside on the cards. Beckham will join LA Galaxy next month but realises he has to be playing at the highest level to convince Steve McClaren of his ability to hold down a place in the England side.

With the American MSL season ending in November, Beckham would be free to join a Premiership side on join a Premiership side on loan from January and play for three months back home, the same way Henrik Larsson did for Man United last season.

New Toon boss Sam Allardyce would jump at the chance to take Beckham to Tyneside. He said last night: "If it is possible to get David Beckham to St James' Park, we would really go for it. I would love to have David on board." With the backing of billionaire Mike Ashley, who is likely to have bought Newcastle outright by then, the Geordies will have little trouble paying Beckham's massive wages.

------------

This is from The People so I doubt it has even the slightest whiff of truth, but you never know...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see it myself - at Becks age you can't play at the highest level without some sort fo break.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't quite see old Becks playing for the Toon! No glitz nor glamour - Posh would not approve Very Happy
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on the 'Posh' point too...

I can see it now...... "Hmmm, winter in Los Angeles or Winter in Newcastle?.....think, think, think......."
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the topic - don't quite see the point in recalling Becks to the England squad! Especially as it is against Estonia ... Will he be flown back for the other qualifiers from the US?
GingerTruck

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused becks is playing great and should never have been dropped by england but coming to newcastle to play is not going to happen
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that the idea of Becks going to Newcastle seems a bit over the top. Even though the caliber of play in the MLS is far below the EPL and Becks won't have to work too hard to look good in LA, I can't see him being able to play all year long and pull England duties as well. 10 years ago, maybe.

As far as Posh in Newcastle...that is a visual that will make me chuckle for the rest of my life!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: