Barack Obama - Democracy is Coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Barack Obama - Democracy is Coming Reply with quote

This is the song I put together for George last week. Since technical problems (conspiracy theory???) prevented him from playing it on air, I've put it up on YouTube instead.

Hope you like it. I'll also add it to the pics and mixes thread if Face wants.

Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Kate !!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's some very nice editing and mixing there - nice one... and for sure it should go in the pic and mixes thread.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Nice video.

Obama's voice is loud enough, but GG's sounds a bit quiet (at 1:00). Is there a way to boost it?
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement, guys (and gals)!

major.tom wrote:
Obama's voice is loud enough, but GG's sounds a bit quiet (at 1:00). Is there a way to boost it?

Not really. I'm really into editing and working with audio, but I don't have any flashy programs cos I'm currently *ahem* "between jobs" and I can't afford anything decent. I just use some really crappy programs and keep trying until something sounds right. This is the best I could do.

The actual Leonard Cohen song is over 7 minutes long with a lot more verses, so it took quite a bit of chopping up!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Kate.

However, I find it a shame that he and Hillary are really the only candidates getting a lot of attention. I personally am for Bill Richardson, as he has a lot of experience, has done great things in education and has more experience with foreign relations. But sadly, I don't think he'll get it.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Cool Kate.

However, I find it a shame that he and Hillary are really the only candidates getting a lot of attention. I personally am for Bill Richardson, as he has a lot of experience, has done great things in education and has more experience with foreign relations. But sadly, I don't think he'll get it.

Yea, you're dead right. My outlook is very similar to George's, though - Obama is not perfect, but he's the least imperfect out of the candidates who actually have a chance.

I can never understand the argument that due to Obama's less than perfect stance on Israel (or whatever else) people should not support him, because if he doesn't get the support then someone else will win, and everyone else with a chance is so much worse.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Cool Kate.

Yea, you're dead right. My outlook is very similar to George's, though - Obama is not perfect, but he's the least imperfect out of the candidates who actually have a chance.

I can never understand the argument that due to Obama's less than perfect stance on Israel (or whatever else) people should not support him, because if he doesn't get the support then someone else will win, and everyone else with a chance is so much worse.

There are definitley much more qualified candidates, but of the popular ones, he is the best choice. (I do recommend looking at Richardson though. He's a pretty good guy. Once again, not perfect, but he has done some great things in our state)

And I agree too about him not being perfect. We're never going to get a "perfect" candidate. No country has that.

After all, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you send me the audio clip of GG, I can try to run it through Audacity (freeware). It has an Amplify effect. Works with .wav (of course) and .mp3 if you install the Lame CLI encoder dll into the program directory and set it up in Audacity.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity

It's what I use to edit commercials out of GG's shows.
luke

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, what you need is a program called acid, its like making tunes by painting, you can then change the levels etc of any individual samples, import mp3 or wav, easily move them about to get timing right, even stretch or shrink samples etc - its a lot simpler than the fruity loops program i recommended once but would probably be ideal for this kinda thing

i reckon you could probably find a copy about somewhere wink

what do people think of ron paul? he seems to talk a lot of sense from the bits i've seen, although i don't really know much about him - but then i can't vote in america anyway
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

what do people think of ron paul? he seems to talk a lot of sense from the bits i've seen, although i don't really know much about him - but then i can't vote in america anyway

He seems to be liked by the "constitutionalists" in the blogs. They claim that mainstream issued vote counts showing Ron Paul with v. low (sometimes 0 support) aren't credible, when the internet votes show Ron Paul with a high vote.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

No one honestly talks about him at all. I don't think I've heard him brought up in one conversation anywhere. And he doesn't even get any real news coverage.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
luke wrote:

No one honestly talks about him at all. I don't think I've heard him brought up in one conversation anywhere. And he doesn't even get any real news coverage.

We're never going to get a glammed up black transvestite into the White House.

Oh, wait, that's RuPaul!! D'oh!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Skylace wrote:
luke wrote:

We're never going to get a glammed up black transvestite into the White House.

Oh, wait, that's RuPaul!! D'oh!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
He seems to be liked by the "constitutionalists" in the blogs. They claim that mainstream issued vote counts showing Ron Paul with v. low (sometimes 0 support) aren't credible, when the internet votes show Ron Paul with a high vote.

apparently there was some tv debate the other week and some big american news site was logging reaction to the different candidates, ron paul overwhelming won from the public, the next day the corporate media talked about everyone but him ...

Skylace wrote:

thats a shame, but unfortunately with the current political/media system, it follows that those opinions which are outside of the limited spectrum of debate would be ignored Sad

he seems to talk a lot of sense the few times i've seen/read about him, about american foreign policy worldwide, iraq etc, the federal reserve system, americas huge debt, the health care system ( or lack of it ), the north american union etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: