Who's your favourite caller?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Who's your favourite caller? Reply with quote

Who are your favourite regular callers to the radio show? I'm a fan of Karl from Plaistow, but I can't really get behind Damian from Brighton as he never seems to have any real passion in what he says. I also like the woman from Liverpool who's name I forget...
luke

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's your favourite caller? Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I also like the woman from Liverpool who's name I forget...

shes my hero Laughing she quite often gets on any questions and the bbc 3 hour politcs thing on bbc parliament on sunday - shes pops up all over and always talks sense, i'm always like yeaaah go on girl Smile
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Rita, meter maid.
luke

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noooooo shes a parking warden?! is that what a meter maid is? tell me its not so Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
noooooo shes a parking warden?! is that what a meter maid is? tell me its not so Laughing

Noooo, her name is Rita, but she's not really a meter maid. George calls her "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid" because of a Beatles song of the same name (Liverpool reference, etc.)
luke

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got ya, thanks Smile
popinjay

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the nutters who call in to talk about being psychics and the rightful kings of England Very Happy
Colston

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane from Finchley...
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popinjay wrote:
I like the nutters who call in to talk about being psychics and the rightful kings of England Very Happy

Seconded. I love how George doesn't cut them off, he milks them for their comedy value.

I noticed Gary The Zionist from Cuntish Town managed to get on the air last night by using a false name. Not that he's my favourite caller or anything, but did you hear the hate in his voice? Rolling his Rs and over-pronouning Arabic place names and organizations as if they were poisonous? Yeep!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl's my favourite as well. But Damian does make some valuable contributions. He frequently presents arguments that hadn't occurred to me.

If he never had Diane from Finchly on again, that'd be just fine with me.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
I noticed Gary The Zionist from Cuntish Town managed to get on the air last night by using a false name. Not that he's my favourite caller or anything, but did you hear the hate in his voice? Rolling his Rs and over-pronouning Arabic place names and organizations as if they were poisonous? Yeep!

he really did sound nasty - as I wrote in the download section, he just oozed the smell of shite...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Karl's my favourite as well. But Damian does make some valuable contributions. He frequently presents arguments that hadn't occurred to me.

If he never had Diane from Finchly on again, that'd be just fine with me.

Yeah, Damian does say some interesting things, but it's purely intellectual - no real personality about it. That's not a bad thing in the right place, but I don't think it's on a late night chat show.

I didn't like Diane at first, then got to like her. It was probably because Galloway slagged her off when she was actually able to justify her opinions (even if they were off the wall somewhat!)
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Diane in that she was amusing (irrespective if she really believed what she was saying, or kidding)
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
I like Diane in that she was amusing (irrespective if she really believed what she was saying, or kidding)

Hmmm. I never considered that she might just be putting on an act. If this is the case, she plays the role to perfection -- she comes across as a genuine nutter.

Granted some levity is welcome, but it strikes me as a somewhat unkind sort of humour, finding amusement in someone who appears to be ill.
Colston

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Mandy wrote:

Hmmm. I never considered that she might just be putting on an act. If this is the case, she plays the role to perfection -- she comes across as a genuine nutter.

Granted some levity is welcome, but it strikes me as a somewhat unkind sort of humour, finding amusement in someone who appears to be ill.

Why are people who believe things that are out of the mainstream scientific paradigm ill? I know George struggles to accept such things and with this inability to open his mind results to mockery... but do we all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: