Sat nav driver's car hit by train

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Sat nav driver's car hit by train Reply with quote

Why is she blaming the Sat nav ? Unmanned crossings are (unfortunately) quite common.

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's blaming them because she's an idiot and doesn't want to take responsibility for being an idiot.

Most navigation systems (just like online maps etc) always give you warnings that things may not be marked. They're not perfect.

She's a plonker for sure.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I the only one thinking the boyfriend was trying to kill her? He couldn't tell her about the crazy crossings in Wales?
luke

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shes stupid Laughing

those kinda crossings arn't unique to wales, we have them in england as well - but theres always signs before them, that girl should have been paying attention - she can't blame sat nav for her not paying attention - the police should have made a point of that.

women drivers eh wink Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when people use technology in place of their brains instead of alongside their brains.

"I didn't know I was on a train track" is right up there with "I can't see the forest for all these trees".
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I put my complete trust in the sat nav and it led me right into the path of a speeding train," she said.

This is funny as hell. I guess she never thought to use her senses (or brain).

That said, if she didn't have a b/f, I'd be on her side. She's cute, if a little dim-witted. whistle
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Quote:
"I put my complete trust in the sat nav and it led me right into the path of a speeding train," she said.

On that analogy, if she went through a red traffic light, or mowed down pedestrians on a zebra-crossing, would she have blamed the Sat Nav ?

No-one has reported that the Sat Nav gave her wrong directions. And if there was an ideal route, shouldn't her boyfriend have told her in advance [as a double-check] ?
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
major.tom wrote:
Quote:

On that analogy, if she went through a red traffic light, or mowed down pedestrians on a zebra-crossing, would she have blamed the Sat Nav ?

No-one has reported that the Sat Nav gave her wrong directions. And if there was an ideal route, shouldn't her boyfriend have told her in advance [as a double-check] ?

Aja Sighs no
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there something in the driving examination that tests for blindness?
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented elsewhere on this news when it broke yesterday...

My slant on it is as follows:

Woman steals mans gadget, wrecks car due to lack of brain activity, blames gadget to cover the fact that she stole it from the man & as an attempt to avoid charges of driving whilst brain dead... Perhaps in the hopes to get both the car & gadget replaced by insurance.

Local police agree to the gadget being at fault due to the lack of the local police not having such gadgets & being highly jealous of such technologies.
(Ohh & the fact that the local cops fancied the brain dead bimbo).
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
I commented elsewhere on this news when it broke yesterday...

My slant on it is as follows:

Woman steals mans gadget, wrecks car due to lack of brain activity, blames gadget to cover the fact that she stole it from the man & as an attempt to avoid charges of driving whilst brain dead... Perhaps in the hopes to get both the car & gadget replaced by insurance.

Local police agree to the gadget being at fault due to the lack of the local police not having such gadgets & being highly jealous of such technologies.
(Ohh & the fact that the local cops fancied the brain dead bimbo).

Confused But I thought the cops are quoted as saying "drivers must take care with satellite navigation." "We would advise people to use sat navs with due caution" and are still investigating
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White van and driver airlifted to safety after satnav error sends him to top of mountain
28th September 2010

This white van man had a lucky escape after his satnav sent him to the top of a mountain by mistake. Driver Robert Ziegler, 37, found himself stranded near the peak at Bergun, Switzerland, after he was directed up a 'glorified goat track'. Unable to go forward or turn around to go back the way he came, he was forced to call the emergency services.

Rescue workers scrambled a heavy lifting helicopter to carry the van and its driver to safety after he dialed for help on his mobile phone. 'I was lost and I kept hoping that each little turn would get me back to the main road. In the end it told me to turn around but of course I couldn't by then,' Mr Ziegler told police. A fire brigade spokesman said: 'He claims he didn't see any footpath signs but he must have been a pretty fair driver to get that far up a glorified goat track.'

----------------------

crazed
luke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian drives into a marsh using GPS
A Canadian woman had to be rescued from the roof of her submerged car after driving into an isolated marsh as she relied on GPS navigation, police said Wednesday.

The Ontario Provincial Police said the woman called 911 emergency services on her cellphone for help, after she became lost on her way to work east of Toronto late Tuesday.

"She advised she was standing on top of her car as it was submerged in a heavy marsh," police said in a statement. "She was following her GPS (Global Positioning System) directions and became lost."

The vehicle had become stuck in mud and quickly began filling up with water.

Rescuers searched the conservation area until finally she was spotted "in the middle of the marsh" by firefighters dressed in wet suits who waded into the waist deep water.

Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT's poor driving! Trucker wedges 13-ton HGV in narrow alley after blindly following satnav

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2051302/Lorry-driver-wedges-13-ton-HGV-narrow-alley-blindly-following-satnav.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: