TV sucks because of women
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: TV sucks because of women Reply with quote

Moore blames women for 'banal' TV

British TV standards are deteriorating because the BBC is "run by women", astronomer Sir Patrick Moore has said.

The Sky at Night host also described female newsreaders as "jokey" and called for separate channels to cater for the needs of the different sexes.

"I think it may eventually happen," the 84-year-old told the Radio Times.

A BBC spokesman described Sir Patrick as being one of TV's best-loved figures and said his "forthright" views were "what we all love about him".

The presenter said: "The trouble is the BBC now is run by women and it shows soap operas, cooking, quizzes, kitchen-sink plays. You wouldn't have had that in the golden days."
"I would like to see two independent wavelengths - one controlled by women, and one for us, controlled by men."

He claimed that interesting programmes were screened too late at night, and said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than appear on Celebrity Big Brother. And asked about his favourite series, Sir Patrick said he no longer enjoyed certain programmes because of their modern storylines.

"I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC - making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching."

Sir Patrick appears in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest-serving TV presenter, having appeared on his show about astronomy since 1957.

Is this PC?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already different channels for men and women though - Men and Motors, Bravo for men, Living TV and Hallmark for women. Of course, only androgenous geeks watch The Sky At Night though!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
There are already different channels for men and women though - Men and Motors, Bravo for men, Living TV and Hallmark for women. Of course, only androgenous geeks watch The Sky At Night though!

Same thing over here Face. We also have Spike TV and Oxygen and the like. Sounds to me that he's just a bit of an ass.

Come to think of it I watch Spike TV over Oxygen!
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he wants a complete separation - like BBCW (for women) and BBCM (for men). Also I don't think it's that easy because the dribble on TV like Big Brother is watched by boys and girls alike. I thought it was really funny reading that article though as it is highly offensive towards women - can't believe he could get away with that even at his age Shocked
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
I guess he wants a complete separation - like BBCW (for women) and BBCM (for men). Also I don't think it's that easy because the dribble on TV like Big Brother is watched by boys and girls alike. I thought it was really funny reading that article though as it is highly offensive towards women - can't believe he could get away with that even at his age Shocked

That's so true. I wouldn't be caught watching Big Brother but I know a ton of guys who do and love it!
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with him, tv does suck, the news readers ( male and female ) are crap, most of the good stuff does seem to be on later, but i don't agree with him that this is down to women Laughing and i don't think its women commanders that made dr who unwatchable, just that i grew up. kindof wink
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what? ... We caused cancer and the hole in the ozone too! Better stop us before we change the rules of football! (european AND american)
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TV sucks because of women Reply with quote

Quote:

The presenter said: "The trouble is the BBC now is run by women

He clearly doesn't mean right at the top (recall only men got fired for the "sexing up" comment of the dodgy dossier).

The buck does not stop at the low level presenters / hosts ... he should blame the men at the top.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was rather funny really...sort of thing any of grand dad might say at the pub and wouldn't be anything of it, be the senile old bloke, so think this is being blown right out of proportion.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I thought it was rather funny really...sort of thing any of grand dad might say at the pub and wouldn't be anything of it, be the senile old bloke, so think this is being blown right out of proportion.

I have to agree with you. The more I think about it the more it is just the ramblings of a 130 year old, senile, old codger.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Bob wrote:

I have to agree with you. The more I think about it the more it is just the ramblings of a 130 year old, senile, old codger.

Precisely. It's like my old bugger of an uncle who thinks that a woman needs a man to live a happy life and also needs a man for financial support. Every year, when are you gonna get married? You'll be too old for kids, blah blah blah. He has no clue how ignorant he sounds....lol...I chalk it up to him being old fashioned. He means well, so I guess I won't kick him in the 'nads and tell him to fuck off just yet......lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Bob wrote:

Right on!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet he smells of old people too.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's 84, when he was born women didnt have the vote, it would still be 40 odd years before he reported on MEN!! walking on the moon (perhaps he would like it there?) he's not wrong as such he's just from a different time period some people just can't move forward, mind you he must have seen US news reporters who in my opinion are appalling, all former miss south carolina with perfect teeth and 80's swept back hair and no substance.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact is that most average men and women do and should want different things from TV though. I don't want to watch talk-shows about relationships. and I'm sure most women don't want to watch ROBOT WARS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: