Introducing the "Mouse Mouse"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Introducing the "Mouse Mouse" Reply with quote

Introducing the mouse mouse
Thursday, May 3, 2007

When someone at the Stanford Research Institute first decided that the pointing device they'd just invented looked sort of like a mouse, they probably didn't imagine that one day, someone would make this - a mouse that is actually made out of a mouse. The mouse mouse was created by Christy Canida and Noah Weinstein, both regular contributors to the Instructables website - a community site devoted to making cool stuff.

The mouse mouse is made using the skin of a real mouse - bought (already dead) from a pet store in Berkley, where they kept frozen mice for feeding to snakes. For those of you wanting to create your own furry point-and-click mechanism, full instructions are posted - with pictures - at Instructables. But be warned - it involves cutting up a dead mouse. Obviously.

------------------

It's just weird eh?. These geeks need to design themselves a life!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeew!
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be sick .. All I can think about is "Why didn't I think of that" as a cheap publicity stunt ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dam good place for a computer
Thursday, May 3, 2007

They say never work with animals or children. But that was until they came across the Compubeaver – a computer literally stuffed full of technology. This stunning dead beaver and working high-spec computer combination took three months to build and shows the realms of possibilities when the worlds of taxidermy and IT collided.

Artist and Compubeaver creator Kasey McMahon, 34, from Los Angeles, explained: 'I started thinking about the most ridiculous thing to put a computer in to and decided it had to be a beaver. It looks at how nature relates to technology,' she said.

She bought the beaver ready-stuffed, before cutting out the foam insides with an electric kitchen knife. Once she had cut space for the computer tower, she reinforced it with fibreglass. And, it doesn't smell, she added.

(from the same site as the story above)

-----------------
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not quite aure which one is more disgusting - the mouse mouse or the minging beaver!!
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so a) they couldn't use a cute fake mouse for the mouse? and b) I can't see how having all that FUR around a computer is a good idea ... static electricity and the insulation had got to kill it pretty quick, right?

I am embarassed that it was women who came up with this crap!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little too weird for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: