Eastenders - Musical Comedy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Eastenders - Musical Comedy Reply with quote

Musical Comedy
Posted by Kevin O’Sullivan on 07 Apr 2007 at 10:38

As Albert Square’s hideous Lothario “mad” Max enjoyed another secret little chat with his barrow girl lover Stacey, the Queen Vic’s subversive juke box was blaring The Smiths’ awesome ode to disillusion How Soon Is Now. “I can’t talk now,” whispered Ginger Boy against the incongruous background noise of Morrissey wailing “You shut your mouth, how can you say - I go about things the wrong way.” Check it out. Happens all the time.

Someone is undermining the script with music that really hits the wrong note. Only this week when Eastenders’ deranged doctor May endured the embarrassment of sharing the Vic with her estranged hubbie Rob and his new official squeeze Dawn, the theme tune to her humiliation turned out to be the Stone Roses’ classic hippy anthem Waterfall. While May theatrically removed her wedding ring ,the Roses sang : “She'll carry on through it all ... she's a waterfall.”

Over at Ian Beale’s crap cafe old Dot Branning sat mulling her misery at three in the morning - serenaded by Take That and their smash hit Patience. As Dot smoked her cigarette Gary Barlow and the boys chorused : “My heart is numb has no feeling. So while I'm still healing just try and have a little patience.”

The other soaps tend to stick to top ten hits. But whoever’s in charge of Walford’s wall of sound has a wicked sense of humour. See if you can spot the songs that wreck the action. It’s a good game to alleviate the general sense of tedium!

-------------------
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I'll have to try that Face .....
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, they once played "Wake me up before you go go" from Wham! when someone was leaving after a night of "passion".
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading once on the EE site that they actually do carefully select the songs. So this doesn't surprise me.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I remember reading once on the EE site that they actually do carefully select the songs. So this doesn't surprise me.

I read that as well, so I kind of watch out for what songs are playing.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I read that as well, so I kind of watch out for what songs are playing.

I started doing that too after I read it. I haven't done it lately but I will have to again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: