Done down for criticising the US of A....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Done down for criticising the US of A.... Reply with quote

I've had my memberhsip of a Sports board suspended...

Quote:
Colston,

Your member account at XXXX has been temporarily suspended.

[quote name='Colston' date='Apr 22 2007, 05:37 PM' post='739178']

Are we not allowed to make any comments that are critical of any US policy or cultural phenomenon? Is this board moderated by the CIA?

[quote name='Colston' date='Apr 22 2007, 05:42 PM' post='739195']

it seems that any critical stance made against the US is silenced. Is there a reason for this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is both completely untrue and a cowardly attack on the mods. One might expect more honour and decency from a supposed faith-filled man then to exaggerate to the point of dishonesty. If you had such concerns how come you've never expressed them in a PM to a mod or me? Would that not make you feel as good as digging out the mods in open forum?

You are so full of pride that you are blinded to the distress you cause others, whether that be the site mods or American members of XXXX. There was absolutely no need, beyond satisfaction for your inflated ego and pride, to post what you did. Shame on you Colston. I had you down as a much much higher quality human being than that. :-((

XXXX

Do you think my comments were unreasonable? wow
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the distress you cause others? Good god man, how could you be so nasty as to question such matters of importance?

You should maybe edit the last paragraph for the name of the site if you missed that...
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to see the posts which lead to this situation .. i.e. the reason why you you suspected it was moderated so strongly.

So they suspended you for posting just the above to the open forum ?
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
the distress you cause others? Good god man, how could you be so nasty as to question such matters of importance?

You should maybe edit the last paragraph for the name of the site if you missed that...

Thanks I did... miss it.
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
Love to see the posts which lead to this situation .. i.e. the reason why you you suspected it was moderated so strongly.

It came in a thread entitled... "O/T Capital Punishment, a different debate for the many intelligent people on here" Laughing

QUOTE(XXXX1 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:28 PM) *
Works as a deterrent in the good old USA doesn't it.

Capital Punishment is a rabble-rouser, a crowd pleaser, something for opposition parties to start mentioning when they want to look 'tough on crime'. Lovely 5 point surges in the opinion poll after a couple of Daily Mail headlines.

It is, of course, barbaric, but no more barbaric than detaining people without charge and, though torture, turning them into literal zombies - our great ally and partner in oil exploration has also ended thousands of lives that way in the past 3-4 years.

Yep, I think it's important this society continues to look to the USA for guidance and leadership in matters of crime and punishment. The rest of the so-called civilised world hasn't got a clue.

Lets put more people in electric chairs. Hurrah !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(XXXX2 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:52 PM) *

Any need for the anti US rhetoric? We have a lot of Americans on this board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(XXXX3 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:52 PM) *

XXXX1, i asked whether you are for or against capital punishment, not anywhere was the usa mentioned as this. This is about theory and individual morality

as for your theory, if you are old enough to be on this board then i am telling you that other *ahem* civilised countries have been using capital puishment in your lifetime

Please keep the anti american stuff out of this thread, actually, keep it off this board
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(Colston @ Apr 22 2007, 05:37 PM) *

No to capital punishment... yes to 'life means life.'

Are we not allowed to make any comments that are critical of any US policy or cultural phenomenon? Is this board moderated by the CIA?

GG_Fan wrote:
So they suspended you for posting just the above to the open forum ?

Yes... I think it came on the back of me posting a link to the BBC list of all the college shootings the other day.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see your point, but what kind of Americans support XXXXX? I thought they were all about being number one! haha
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I could see your point, but what kind of Americans support XXXXX? I thought they were all about being number one! haha

shhh
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja smiles and welcomes Colston to the Banned club ......

I am laffing i have been banned from so many sites .....and I am just a poor old brit nanna Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: