Bomb bomb bull...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Bomb bomb bull... Reply with quote

I want to be the first person to point out that the very first thing George Galloway said today on the show was false.

He said that John McCain responded today to a question about Iran by singing "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran". This is untrue.

Firstly McCain didn't say that today, because I saw the video of John McCain doing that on LiveLeak.com at least 2 days ago, so George is behind on his news.

Secondly, from the footage I saw, John McCain said it as a wry joke, based on the internet music video that makes the same joke, and he said it to mock an audience member who asked him "when are we going to send an airmail message to Tehran?" meaning when are we going to send a missile.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that George has just stepped off a plane from Kazakhstan I would suggest that he has been misinformed rather than deliberately lying to anyone.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have e-mailed GG's web site to tell him .. but it is a minor mis-speak (assuming George said he spoke it today, as opposed to saying the fuss blew up today)

Kate, in my personal opinion, this is nitpicking from your side.

As the poster above just said, George just got off a plane .. and George said it is 3am in his body clock.

Do you actually support George ? From all your anti-George postings, the phrase "with friends like this .. " comes to mind
Colston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bomb bomb bull... Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Secondly, from the footage I saw, John McCain said it as a wry joke, based on the internet music video that makes the same joke, and he said it to mock an audience member who asked him "when are we going to send an airmail message to Tehran?" meaning when are we going to send a missile.

Sounded like Jack Nicholson in the Shining to me... frightening.

George's point was well made.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd completely forgot that the show was back on tonight... just as well I saw this!
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree .. George made the point well. He also blamed this violent mentality pervading the USA as a contribution to people being violent to other people (such as the shooting in VA).

Note : I disagree with George on the right to bear arms ... but I don't have to agree with everything George thinks.
til661

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on that was clearly a joke, hence the 'but anyway...' at the end. The tone of his voice is clear enough. I'm not saying that Mccain is a good guy because he's not, but what he is is a very clever political operator and wouldn't risk saying something like that if it wasn't a joke.
Colston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

til661 wrote:
Oh come on that was clearly a joke, hence the 'but anyway...' at the end. The tone of his voice is clear enough. I'm not saying that Mccain is a good guy because he's not, but what he is is a very clever political operator and wouldn't risk saying something like that if it wasn't a joke.

I disagree... he was making light of it... making light of starting a war.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Reagan's "joke" :

------
The episode echoed President Reagan's 1984 quip at the height of the nuclear arms race when he said: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan was testing a microphone before his regular Saturday radio address.
------

Turning back to McCain
"After his joke, McCain turned serious and said that he agrees with President Bush that the United States must protect Israel from Iran and work to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. McCain has long said the military option should not be taken off the table but that it should be used only as a last resort."

Who is protecting Iran from Israel and the USA ?

McCain is another Israeli-Firster and war-monger. The USA needs a change from the McCain/Bush types .. to someone who will look after US interests 1st, 2nd and 3rd .. ahead of Israel.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
Do you actually support George ? From all your anti-George postings, the phrase "with friends like this .. " comes to mind

Well, excuse me as I nearly piss my pants laughing. Me and George have exchanged numerous personal emails, ranging from harmless flirting to discussions of job offers. He's invited me down to London to meet him, sent me his personal mobile phone number and regailed me with many flatteries and offers. I consider him the greatest orator in the current political world.

Another of his phrases comes to mind - it involves pipes, the putting of things in said pipe, followed by the smoking of it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some comment a few minutes ago about how McCain was challenged on the "joke" and he apparently showed no recognition of it being offensive "Who would be offended? The Iranians?" or thereabouts...
Colston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
GG_Fan wrote:

Well, excuse me as I nearly piss my pants laughing. Me and George have exchanged numerous personal emails, ranging from harmless flirting to discussions of job offers. He's invited me down to London to meet him, sent me his personal mobile phone number and regailed me with many flatteries and offers. I consider him the greatest orator in the current political world.

Another of his phrases comes to mind - it involes pipes, the putting of things in it, followed by smoking.

So why this thread?

Seems a bit churlish to pick up on a matter of timing when surely the point of view is... another US politician makes light of bombing and killing another country's people?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
GG_Fan wrote:

Another of his phrases comes to mind - it involes pipes, the putting of things in it, followed by smoking.

Galloway's such a tart. Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston wrote:
Seems a bit churlish to pick up on a matter of timing when surely the point of view is... another US politician makes light of bombing and killing another country's people?

Not at all churlish. Like I said, I love Galloway, but I just won't accept it when he gets things wrong, because someone as respected as him needs to be a little more careful. I believed for more than 8 months that Rumsfeld had actually, literally said "it's not our fault God put our oil under other people's countries" and that effected me deeply and politically. That turned out to be false, and as much as I love the man, I won't fall at his feet and let falsehoods roll off my back like I'm a duck.

The most important thing in the world is not left-wing opinion, or right-wing opinion, but truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: