Prince William splits from girlfriend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Prince William splits from girlfriend Reply with quote

Well that's that topic covered - anyone got any bubblegum?
Canniescot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's It???????????
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no clue... I guess it takes longer for news like that to reach the rest of the Commonwealth Laughing

Here's more for enquiring minds:

Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this quote: 'He's a 24-year-old red blooded male... and 24 is a young age to be settled down when there are plenty other bits of fun to be having around the world.' Executive Director Society of Editors, Bob Satchwell
But quite honestly I couldn't care less!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
I love this quote: 'He's a 24-year-old red blooded male... and 24 is a young age to be settled down when there are plenty other bits of fun to be having around the world.' Executive Director Society of Editors, Bob Satchwell

Laughing My husband committed to me at 19 and he hasn't complained yet! But like you I could give a fiddler's fart about his love life! nevermind
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:

Laughing My husband committed to me at 19 and he hasn't complained yet! But like you I could give a fiddler's fart about his love life! nevermind
Yeah I don't quite think he split up with her cos he wasn't ready to commit Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:

Yeah I don't quite think he split up with her cos he wasn't ready to commit Very Happy

I totally agree with you there!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILLS & KATE SOUVENIRS BINNED
By Victoria Ward 16/04/2007

WOOLWORTHS has been forced to scrap its planned range of Wills and Kate wedding souvenirs, including tacky mugs, tea towels and plates. Desperate to cash in on the couple's big day, bosses had even ordered a team of designers to come up a limited edition mobile phone and mouse mat.

They had contacted suppliers about a range of Wills and Kate pick 'n' mix sweets too. But yesterday a spokeswoman said: "Our designs will be shelved." "Cybersquatters" who snapped up willsandkate.com have also lost out. As have punters who bet on them tying the knot. Bookies fearing a big payout had slashed the odds to just 3/1.

-------------------

Funny thing is, if there is already any souvenir crap about it might be worth something in a few years just for novelty value... still that's not as funny as Woolies looking like a bunch of idiots - haha
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Funny thing is, if there is already any souvenir crap about it might be worth something in a few years just for novelty value... still that's not as funny as Woolies looking like a bunch of idiots - haha

The jumped the gun a bit on that one, didn't they? Idiots indeed! Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
faceless wrote:

The jumped the gun a bit on that one, didn't they? Idiots indeed! Laughing

How very true! Laughing If they'd of asked me I could of told them it wasn't going to happen!
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better not wait to long ... he's going bald at an alarming rate ... oh wait ... he's gonna be king "someday" ... unless face trucks his kilt clad tuchas down there and takes him out ...
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Royal split: Snobbery center stage
LONDON, United Kingdom (Reuters) -- Snobbery is thriving in Britain -- if you believe the upper-class scorn poured on Kate Middleton's mother after Prince William broke up with his middle-class commoner sweetheart.

"This country is riven by the class system. It is more alive than it has ever been," the Daily Mirror's royal correspondent James Whitaker said after the separation was announced at the weekend.

"The problem was the mother. I don't think it was Kate. When she met the queen, Carole Middleton said 'Pleased to meet you' and asked where the toilet was," Whitaker told Reuters.

The genteel would normally say "How do you do?" and talk about going to the lavatory. But Mrs Middleton was said to have committed the ultimate faux pas when invited last December to attend William's graduation ceremony at the elite Sandhurst military academy.

"Nobody could believe it when she chewed gum throughout," Whitaker said. Britain was long renowned for having one of the world's most rigid class systems, but the age of deference has now passed and politicians vie with each other to promote the merits of a classless society.

William and Kate's split showed the other side of the coin. Britain's royalty-obsessed mass-circulation newspapers are awash with speculation about why they separated, and many have focused on Kate's mother -- a former airline stewardess.

Members of William's entourage were said to have complained that Kate was "too common," and to have quipped "doors to manual," airline pilot-style, whenever she appeared.

Bookmakers quickly joined the great debate. Ladbrokes promptly installed the upper-class socialite Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe as 6-1 favorite to marry William.

"A number of socialites will be dusting off their ball gowns and polishing their Pradas now that William is back on the market," Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said.

George Bernard Shaw's fictional Professor Henry Higgins, the master of speech and manners who turned Eliza Doolittle into "My Fair Lady," always said you could tell an Englishman's social standing the moment he opened his mouth.

Over half a century ago, Nancy Mitford caused a sensation with her guide to "U," or upper-class, and "Non-U" by listing dozens of instant class indicators in the way people spoke.

Debrett's, the "toff's bible" that guides High Society through the minefield of etiquette, resolutely refused to be sucked into the debate.

"On this occasion, we prefer not to make any comment," a spokeswoman said.

But Daily Mail columnist A.N. Wilson condemned "the unpleasant mockery of Kate Middleton by William's braying friends."

"An extraordinary snobbery still exists around the royals," he complained, saying that Kate's mother "has got more class than these sneering snobs."

Royal biographer Penny Junor said she did not believe snobbery would have been a reason for William to give up Kate.

"I don't think the royal family themselves are that snobbish. But I think William's friends certainly are. His polo-playing set are pretty snobbish," she told Reuters.

That's ok Kate ... he'll get forced into a loveless marriage, keep you as the bit on the side, divorce that wife and marry you after the family has killed the wife ...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gutted. I don't know how I'll get on the rest of my day with this sad news. It's worth every inch of front page coverage. People dying all over the world just doesn't seem to mean anything when it's one of the royals having love problems.

Right...time to reach for a tissue and a stiff drink.

I wonder if I asked real nice if I could perhaps get that pidgeon sitting on her head. It looks like it needs a good home
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I don't know why but that picture of her made me think of
Alicia Silverstone
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I see is a pigeon with a lovely fluffy bum Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: