Naval captives can sell stories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Naval captives can sell stories Reply with quote

I am astonished by this story line. Now the captives are going to be turned into tabloid stars - which I think is astonishing. I thought this statement by Craig Murray did sum it up quite nicely: "I think a great many serving military people are going to wonder where on earth this all leads and the idea that you can make several years' pay out of being captured - as opposed to not being captured and doing your job normally - is a rather strange incentive system." I also thought Col Bob Stewart's statement was very interesting and it will be interesting how this pans out: "Hype it up and you'll have real danger here, because some of the stories given out by the hostages, even at the press conference, seemed not to confirm what each one of them said."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6536203.stm
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Naval captives can sell stories Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
"Hype it up and you'll have real danger here,..."

I think that is the general idea. I also think that their stories will marry up perfectly, "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran ..."
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leading Seaman Faye Turney went to the Sun to tell her story on top of all. Surely if you cared about telling the truth you would not go to the Sun. But obviously they paid the most money!
JWDread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe that they can get away with it , were they mistreated before they started playing table tennis , or could it be that they won the game against there captors , then were mistreated . Could it have been when they were being measured for the new suits , maybe pin torture was used . All I know is that any paper that prints these lies should be held accountable . If war is made against Iran , It is a war against the peaceful people of the world. In an article on the BBC website , a six figure sum has been thrown around for the servicewoman .
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't believe how this story has all developed since the release of the captives. It was almost predictable the story around them would change, but I can't believe this. It almost seems to me the world has gone mad! First they are allowed to sell their stories to the tabloids and then it seems they added some spice (i.e. make up a completely new story) so more papers can be sold - and the world is supposed to believe this crap!!! I am really incensed about this story!
harry perkins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a lot of these stories will be lies, and they're getting payed to keep quiet. As for the famous warrior woman, I didn't like her at all in this clip http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6538075.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: