George's 'Easter Message' interrupted by Sport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: George's 'Easter Message' interrupted by Sport Reply with quote

I'm just listening to today's show for the first time and noticed that when Galloway went up the avenue of espousing his religion he was suddenly drowned out by a report of a goal from some footie match. This has never happened before that I can remember... were the talkSPORT producers making a point? I'd guess so.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy theory? ;)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a warning shot across his bow! "Steer clear of the religious malarkey Galloway!"

At least now no-one can say he's a convert to Islam - haha
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that, actually. A Muslim caller asked him that a few shows back and he avoided the question.

I wonder if privately he wants to convert, but knows how it would be detrimental to his career. Although I doubt it...
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: George's 'Easter Message' interrupted by Sport Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
that when Galloway went up the avenue of espousing his religion he was suddenly drowned out by a report of a goal from some footie match.

Could this be a divine signal that God exists, and to prove it, he allows a goal to be scored as soon as someone mentions his name ?

p.s. I think TS would have always interrupted GG for a Goal .. irrespective of the topic.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan] I agree with you, but this is the 1st time I've heard him interrupted apparently without warning. This time he was interrupted mid-sentence, whereas every other time he'll lead into the update. ("looks like there's an update in the tennis.")

It sounds like there was one person in particular who he was joking about being the culprit. (I think he referred to a Sean a bit later.)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the fact it came without warning that got me. Whatever the reason, it's down to the producer not giving a toss what was being said. How many people listening would actually care about the fact that Southend scored? I don't even know (or care) what division they're in!
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree .. it was v. rude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: