George Galloway Vs The British Nazi
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: George Galloway Vs The British Nazi Reply with quote

Here's the 9 minute section from today's show in which Galloway allows a nazi on to talk about the concentration camps etc...

http://couchtripper.com/mp3/2007-04-03-GeorgeGalloway-Vs-NaziSupporter.wma
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised they admit they are Nazis. Don't they realise most other Nazis have joined the conservatives or "New Labour" ?

p.s. I am re-listening to the recording. The whole second hour has Nazi callers .. i.e. it is more than just the first caller 60 minutes into the show.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shocking to hear that such people still remain amongst us!! I think George is right and people like him should be locked up in the Zoo. If it was me deciding I would stick him with the great cats he was talking about! The world would be a better place without all this hatred towards other human beings!
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting part was when George asked the caller who he wants to put in Concentration camps. Instead of saying no-one, he endorsed the idea, but couldn't decide if George should be taken seriously enough to also include in the camp.

The REAL FEAR is that the Bush Administration is building what could be perceived as concentration camps under the guise of camps to be used in an unspecified emergency. i.e. they are the new fascists, and worse still, they are in power of the most formidable war machine ever, and they have already given out millions of $s worth of contracts to their favourite corporations to build these. They have also changed the law to force people in captivity to "work". I believe the Nazis initially said these concentration camps were work camps. Before I get flamed, I am NOT saying they weren't death camps, I am saying the "PR" spin at the time was that they were work camps -- which could be something the Bush Administration is planning to also do : i.e. round up whoever they want, and force them to work .. and then "maybe" implement another "final solution" if their grandiose war plans unravel (before the "inmates" escape/seek reprisals).

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-bin/blogs/voices.php/2006/11/24/bush_s_mysterious_new_programs_1
"Bush's Mysterious 'New Programs'"

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3014
"Flirting With Fascism on CNN Headline News"

* Host Glenn Beck threatens Muslims with concentration camps
* The New York Times reported he says "what others are feeling but are afraid to say."
* On his August 10 radio show, Beck told listeners, "All you Muslims ... I'm telling you, with God as my witness... human beings are not strong enough, unfortunately, to restrain themselves from putting up razor wire and putting you on one side of it. When things—when people become hungry, when people see that their way of life is on the edge of being over, they will put razor wire up and just based on the way you look or just based on your religion, they will round you up. Is that wrong? Oh my gosh, it is Nazi, World War II wrong, but society has proved it time and time again: It will happen."

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-dec0606-japanese_internment_camps.a62996.html
"Congress votes to preserve World War Two internment camps"

I doubt above is to teach new generations how bad the camps were. More likely with an intent to reuse.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it when he referred to the guy later "having an early night, under the covers with his blow-up doll of Adolf Hitler". Classic!!!
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just published
----------------------------
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Massive_security_contractor_faces_growing_protest_0403.html

"Massive security contractor faces growing protest in rural California town over 842-acre base"

Published: Tuesday April 3, 2007

Fire safety also concerns locals. Blackwater's Brian Bonfiglio asserted that the company proposed to local fire authorities a plan to not only shelter-in-place its own employees and facilities in the event of wildfire but also make Blackwater’s site a "safe haven for the community."
----------------------------

I thought the US was cutting back on bases in the US. However above might make an ideal concentration camp .. in a "secret, hidden valley". Note the reference to it possibly being a "safe haven for the community." Could also be a safe haven for dissenters / refuseniks.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the line where Galloway described the guy as an animal was pretty bad really - that's what the Nazis did after all... dehumanising Jews and others in a similar way.
popinjay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldn't know how to debate with someone like that. Everything you could say as an insult towards him is actually just describing his beliefs.
til661

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I thought the line where Galloway described the guy as an animal was pretty bad really - that's what the Nazis did after all... dehumanising Jews and others in a similar way.

The difference being that the people dehumanized by the Nazi's were innocent. This guy near enough announced his support for a re-run of the holocaust, it would be more accurate to say that he has dehumanized himself with his psychotic views.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

til661 wrote:
The difference being that the people dehumanized by the Nazi's were innocent. This guy near enough announced his support for a re-run of the holocaust, it would be more accurate to say that he has dehumanized himself with his psychotic views.

It is the language of extremism. If adopted by one side, then the other side is more likely to adopt it back.
til661

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they already use it. But either way galloway said it in anger not in a pre-planned fashion. I think we can all see the difference.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think George actually described the guy pretty well. Someone who does not have any emotion towards other races of man-kind is probably closer to the animal world than to man-kind. I do not see anything wrong calling people, with very primitive views and motives animals. If anything I think it is a bit harsh on animals!
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
I think George actually described the guy pretty well. Someone who does not have any emotion towards other races of man-kind is probably closer to the animal world than to man-kind. I do not see anything wrong calling people, with very primitive views and motives animals. If anything I think it is a bit harsh on animals!

So can we call the slave traders and slave owners "animals" ?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you have moral high-ground if you treat others as non-human?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:

So can we call the slave traders and slave owners "animals" ?

I would think the answer would be yes.

We're all animals in the scientific sense of course (any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.)
However, another definition of animal: an inhuman person; brutish or beastlike person
would be just fine to describe them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: