Is it the female Borat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Is it the female Borat? Reply with quote

I thought this story was quite entertaining! Almost sounded as if the Ukraine are sending a female Borat to the European Song Contest! People should realise the entire show turned a complete joke many years ago agree

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6516927.stm
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Ukrainian nationalists have held protests against the selection of a controversial drag queen to represent Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest.

The demonstrations are part of a campaign to pressure the former Soviet republic to withdraw from the contest.

Verka Serdyuchka, who pokes fun at middle-aged women, is loved by many people and is a cult icon in Ukraine.

She was chosen as Ukraine's entry by an overwhelming majority in a public vote, but some find her vulgar and offensive.

Many opponents are outraged at her selection to represent Ukraine.

Ukrainian nationalists held demonstrations across the country on Sunday.

They put on theatrical shows and collected signatures for a petition.

They claim that Serdyuchka is a grotesque stereotype of a stupid Ukrainian villager.

The protesters want the country to pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest this year.

They say that the drag act will damage Ukraine's international reputation when Verka Serdyuchka takes part in the competition next month.

But they are unlikely to get their way.

Many believe this drag queen has a real chance of winning.

Serdyuchka is one of the most popular entertainers, not just in Ukraine, but also in many parts of the former Soviet Union.
----
This is too funny! Thanks Lost!
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was hilarious too Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite funny, although I don't find Serdyuchka grotesque.

They're lucky it's not Divine. Now THAT's grotesque!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a party the other night hosted by these gay lads and one of them occasionally drags up - anyway, he was telling this story about how he'd got in a fight with another drag-queen on a dancefloor over a pair of funky shades with flashing lights on them... I wish I'd been there to take photos of that! What a scene... haha

and good luck to this Ukrainian, the Eurovision needs people like that in it to stop it from being so tepid.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I was at a party the other night hosted by these gay lads and one of them occasionally drags up - anyway, he was telling this story about how he'd got in a fight with another drag-queen on a dancefloor over a pair of funky shades with flashing lights on them... I wish I'd been there to take photos of that! What a scene... haha

and good luck to this Ukrainian, the Eurovision needs people like that in it to stop it from being so tepid.
Now that's what I call a night of entertainment! Almost wish I had been there to see the two 'ladies' fighting it out Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
faceless wrote:

Now that's what I call a night of entertainment! Almost wish I had been there to see the two 'ladies' fighting it out Very Happy

Why does this remind me of a Seinfeld episode about cat fighting? All I can hear is Kramer saying cacacacatfight! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: