If Britney Spears had a political conscience...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: If Britney Spears had a political conscience... Reply with quote

I wasn't sure which sub-forum to post this in, but I decided this was probably the best one.

For the first half of this video I was totally on this girl's side, she starts off so well! But in the second half... damn, what a stupid bitch.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the poor deluded child.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I was watching it like "damn right, girl, those fucking morons chanting about burning US soldiers are total scum"... but when she so neatly segues into the pro Bush shit, damn I want to slap her (prettier than my) face!
harry perkins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never on the girl's side and would have been surprised if she said anything different. The demo was stupid and distastefull, but not quite as bad as what I watched tonight on Louis Theroux, check out that thread for details. And Kate, if your face is anything like that avatar of yours, the girl is not prettier than you, in fact quite the reverse.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if that "peace-protest" demonstration was "real". Can you imagine the FBI/US Police etc. allowing this without questioning in great detail every one of those demonstrators. Also, "peace-protest" by definition are anti-violence .. these looked like "military" type people .. more brawn than brains. Indeed, their accents were not "foreign". Maybe the "rent-a-crowd" mob at the "black-ops" / "propaganda" couldn't find any foreign patsies to star in this production. Remember the pro-war regimes spend MILLIONS (if not billions) on media propaganda.

As I mentioned in another thread :

--------------------

Indeed, we should be weary that "extremists" could be saboteurs. For example COINTELPRO
The Sabotage Of Legitimate Dissent

""Black Panther Coloring Book" scam. In the early days of the Black Panther Movement, before police harassment militarized them, and their agenda was local control of school curriculum and free breakfasts for ghetto kids, a coloring book appeared filled with racist images of black people killing white police officers. The book was titled "The Black Panther Coloring Book" and the mainstream media proclaimed that this was being handed out at those free ghetto breakfasts. Years later, during the Congressional Hearings into COINTELPRO, it was revealed that the coloring book was an FBI hoax to increase fear and mistrust between blacks and whites."

Though Wikipedia doesn't mention this coloring book . Maybe Wikipedia's editors are too "politically correct".

--------------------

Notice the girl wore a "Cross". If I was doing government propaganda, I would have thought that was a nice touch to try to equate religion with pro-Bush. If she was Christian, what happened to love they neighbour, though shall not kill, covet, etc.

I also find it strange that on every shot where she is wearing her "white" top, you can see the Cross, even if it means part of her head is out of the screen shot. This "symbolism" worries me.

The video is "right on bush's message" .. we are fighting them over there so we don't fight them over here .. and the pro-peace protesters are "5th columnists" who hate the USA . so get ready for their "round-up" at the next [false-flag] terrorist atrocity.

There is also something "too professional" about this production, e.g. the way the photo clips from the overseas gangs/demonstrations slowly zoom out .. I don't know if that adds drama to the photo .. as if it is more real than a still photo.
Any psychologists out there who can analyse this video from a "propaganda" point of view ?

Reminds me of the "OUTFOXED" video when the pro-war presenters are confident, "pretty" (though not as pretty as Kate), articulate .. I wonder if she is a relative of one of the new-con families.
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
I just noticed the girl wore a "Cross". If I was doing government propaganda, I would have thought that was a nice touch to try to equate religion with pro-Bush. If she was Christian, what happened to love they neighbour, though shall not kill, covet, etc.

Rule keepers... you get them everywhere. I was at the Millennium Stadium yesterday with a client and watched a man in his late sixties spend the entire game pointing out to stewards the indiscretions of other fans. "He is smoking... she is standing up... he swore."

It was laughable... I got a lovely picture of a little version of him in short trousers telling teacher.

A lot of right wing Christian groups seem to want to rule keep the Bible rather than try and live by the principles of unconditional love and the brotherhood of man set out by the ministry of Jesus. "He broke this commandment... she transgressed this one."

Unfortunately whilst this man wanted people censured and possibly thrown out of the stadium they want people cast into the eternal torment of hellfire and are quite happy to help them on their way.

I personally love Jesus and have had my life transformed by his message but I am not enamoured of a lot of my fellow Christians... indeed they are very similar to the pharisees of Jesus' day who disturbed him so much.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston wrote:
Rule keepers

I wonder which rules she is trying to keep/follow ? Any thoughts ?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
I doubt if that "peace-protest" demonstration was "real". Can you imagine the FBI/US Police etc. allowing this without questioning in great detail every one of those demonstrators.

yes, I can imagine that - there are plenty of such demonstrations. Portland, Oregon, seems to be a hotspot in particular as I've seen videos from there before. Sadly, too many of them are offensive shite like that one, rather than attempts to bring other people into the fold. This type of protester does no good but to their own egos and I've happily chased idiots like this away from real peace demos because they do not represent genuine feeling and there's no way they should be allowed to give the rest of us a bad name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: