Military Industrial Complex [MIC] : Too Much Influence ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Military Industrial Complex [MIC] : Does it Have Too Much Influence on US and British Foreign Policy?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Military Industrial Complex [MIC] : Too Much Influence ? Reply with quote

After a very interesting thread on Israel, I think the poll in this thread should be very interesting :

The Military Industrial Complex [MIC] : Does it Have Too Much Influence on US and British Foreign Policy?

Some forum browsers who vote yes, may even think this influence can be called "control". In any case, would love to hear your views.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, without a doubt gg, definitely on american, and as we do everything master bush tells poddle blair to do, by extension it influences ours, but maybe to a lesser extent - i mean there are rare times, i can think of one under thatcher where she turned reagan down for something, where its not regarded in the 'national interest' and we follow our own path

although i think its wrong to talk about the 'military industrial complex' as like one single unit, theres different influences coming from different places to serve different needs, i think its a bit more complex. i mean like arms manufactures just need any war, they don't care which, just so long as theres demand so they can keep making weapons. the army will have what it thinks needs doing, the politicians theres, and others involved yet more, and of course you have people with mixed interests / agendas benefiting, working or influencing various parts of the system. its like a tangled web of greed really

wasn't it eisenhower who when he left office warned of the growth of the military industrial complex? its kinda so ingrained into the structure of america now, it's a massive part of the economy, loads of jobs rely on it. they're clever the way the arms manufactures work, like they will produce say a bomb, but it'll be made bit by bit in various states so that the politicians in those states are always pressured to keep contracts coming to the state to keep the jobs, and won't go against the arms manufactures in any way for fear of them moving to another state, or loosing funding etc

theres an interesting documentary if anyones interested called 'why we fight: the military industrial complex'
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
its like a tangled web of greed really

I totally agree, with major "players" acting as directors/executives in the MIC, as well as being senior executives or share holders in the media outlets which supports the MIC, as well as in finance {which can profit from financing the wars), and sometimes also sometimes being politicians as well.

As I said in the "Israel" thread, this is RAW, unfettered, capitalism of the WORST kind, prepared to commit Slavery, Genocide, Torture, War Crimes, invasions, occupation, etc. for "profit" for them (to the detriment of citizens in all countries who are not part of this "MIC").

p.s. You were right about the quote from Eisenhower :
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dwight_d_eisenhower.html
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Rys2sense

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the reason it is important for the MIC to involve Israel is because of the multi Billion dollar investments by Christrian Churches.

see this http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/viewtopic.php?t=1830

I have explained all of this already on anti-neocons.com
If any of you want to do a padcast for this website ill bve happy to do it

The military is the largest corporation of earth. Check out WElcome to the USSA the book. It is the sane thing that happened to Russia. Russia's MIC took all their money and bankrupted the country. It also happened to Spain, Rome, Athens as far back as you want to go that is what happens.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got any audio that would be good - I tuned in to listen to you on that interview you were supposed to be doing last night but it didn't seem to be on. I listened to the guy presenting it though and he did seem to have a great handle on many affairs like this.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note someone voted "No" to the Poll. Would love to hear their views.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose Chavez would have voted "Yes"

----------
Chavez Article

The president believes the US' aggressive attitude comes from big companies rather than his counterpart George W Bush.

"President Bush is not the boss over there, he is just a small figure," he said. "The big corporations make the decisions, those unscrupulous ones that start wars to sell and win billions of dollars."
----------
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Vidal is always a good read on this stuff.
edouard_g

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Why We Fight" vid is worth a viewing. Gore Vidal is in there too. There is a good line from Chalmers Johnson; "When war become that profitable, you'll going to see more of it " profit are up 25% on govt allocations of 3/4 of trillion usd, what ever the margin, it a huge number.

eD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: