The Apprentice (UK) 2007 (contains spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy watching this show as well -- and agree wholeheartedly with the first 2 firings.
Boab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Tre is an arsehole. I really want him to go, but with him in there for a while it will make good tv. How long my TV will last watching it is another matter. Just wanna punch him so much boxing Laughing

Just like Sayid from last year and Paul from the year before (think that was the guy). They just couldn't shut up.

Tre is worse than both of them though. His lack of respect for his PM in the last show has been noted by SAS and its only a matter of time before he goes
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tre will be gone in the next show if they lose the task. If you saw the preview of the show coming up he was in tatters and completely losing it. I'm not sure but I think he's PM and was going off on someone pretty harshly.

He hasn't the slightest bit of ability to work with Sir Alan or anyone else. He can't conduct himself in a proper manner, can't work with anyone and can't take direction.

He's not even fit to flip burgers.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tre was lucky this week, wasn't he? I do agree with this week's firing, however. She admitted directly to Sir Alan that she was a "slow starter" (or words to that effect) -- how daft is that?
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two most annoying people on the show, Tre and Jadine, will remain on the show for the foreseeable future, for the simple reason that they are excellent viewing for the television audience. The producers deliberately put in people like this, they need to have the personality clashes happening to keep things interesting and have viewers conducting discussions just like this one. "Siralan" knows this as much as anyone.

For the same reasons, Katie and Paul will stay around for a while as they are going to be a 'love interest' and likely something will be set up to pitch one against the other with one being fired in an emotional board room scene.

As for this weeks episode, Tre showed why he is such a wanker and poor leader. What kind of Project Manager collects leaves while the others go around drumming up business. If you are going to be a leader you have to lead and delegate.

Anyhoo. Here's an interesting piece with some behind the scenes info....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=1538

My bet for the eventual winner from what I have seen so far would be Katie.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually just finished watching it. I agree with you maycm on Tre and Jadine being the most annoying, but the one thing that was obvious to me was Naomi had no control whatsoever this week and hasn't the skills to manage. She let the girls run amuck with no clear direction, and for that I feel she should have been sacked. I feel Jadine had valid reason for being annoyed at her the way she was, but her main problem I feel is she doesn't listen to others and that's going to be her downfall.

I can't for the life of me see how Paul could be interested in Katie. She's a face like a well used racehorse but ah well looks aren't everything. I think they're out of their minds of they let a romance start because it's not what they're there for.

Gerri didn't deserve to go for losing the task but did deserve to go for lack of moxie. This is a job interview and you're meant to be ontop of your game. If someone hasn't done well it should be voiced clearly, and she should have thrown Naomi infront of the bus. She didn't do that and showed she couldn't be shrude in business, and I think that's something Sir Alan respects the least about people. He's a fighter and wants that in anyone he hires.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I can't for the life of me see how Paul could be interested in Katie. She's a face like a well used racehorse but ah well looks aren't everything.

Reminds me of a conversation between the missus' two brothers talking about an especially unattractive girl. One said 'she's got a face like a horse' to which the other replied 'a particularly ugly horse' Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I can't for the life of me see how Paul could be interested in Katie. She's a face like a well used racehorse but ah well looks aren't everything.

Reminds me of a conversation between the missus' two brothers talking about an especially unattractive girl. One said 'she's got a face like a horse' to which the other replied 'a particularly ugly horse' Laughing

Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode shown last week (Wednesday, 31 May 07) was hysterical.

I nearly pissed myself laughing watching Simon (hope I got the name right) assembling that exercise trampoline on TV. I can't believe he was screwing in the legs of the trampoline directly in front of his, erm, "nether regions." Laughing

Easily the funniest "Appentice" moment I've ever seen!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah, that was really funny - 'Young children will enjoy doing this as well as older people!"
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A truly classic piece of television - one that will go down in the *ahem* anals of history - to be shown by Chris Tarrant or his equivelent on a multitude of great TV moments.

Not sure how he managed to avoid getting fired, but that Naomi somehow sneaked under the radar to get this far and got found out.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the clip

I've no idea how he survived the chop - that Naomi was far better (and not just for scenery!)
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that, faceless -- again, it brought me to tears!!! Laughing Laughing
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a plonker!!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just having watched tonight's show I was quite surprised with how it turned out. The after-show is on now and it's been just outstanding so far... haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: