Tony Blair's daughter in suicide bid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I smell a whiff of "inconsistency" here ...

Here we are defending Blair's right to a privat family life, but on another thread :
"George to be a dad again" we are detailing private details on George's personal affairs.

e.g. Name of partners, age of partners, their looks, details of nationality, their relationship status etc.

Did anyone care how George's partners OR children will feel about that story, e.g. what we call, or how we describe, their mothers / step-mothers (none of whome are in the public eye, so should expect privacy) ?
mickyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Eefanincan, here are your fresh replies !

1) The issue here is not how children eventually turn out, but the character of the parent figure, and how the parent figure interacts with his/her family. Does he have a normal stable relationship with his family, or does he cheat on his wife or beats his children ? These will be a truer reflection as to what a person is really like as compared to the carefully managed public image.

2) I was not implying that it did, but if something like this happens (often through no fault of the parents), it will undoubtedly affect the parents emotionally, and which may affect their work and/or judgements. Insecure Blair probably thought that many people would think it would reflected badly on him, and so ordered a news blackout on the grounds of national security, claiming that media interest in this story would distract him from running the country, but the result is that the Public have been denied knowing about something that will certainly be detracting the PM anyway. Compliant media is something associated with totalitarian countries, and this undermine the freedom of our Press.

3) Sorry I don’t follow this point at all, please restate what you are trying to say.

4) Ah you are not familiar with the dirty world of power politics and covert operations ! Certain countries secret agencies specialize in not only uncovering sordid secrets in order to apply pressure/blackmail, they actually actively set people up and use evidence obtained of say homosexuality or corruption or sexual perversion etc to blackmail people. A little research will show this is not at all far fetched.

Indeed many people still believe that Bush had something over Blair, which would explain his bizarre loyalty to the Necon agenda in direct opposition to the interests of the UK, as many of his advisors have told him it is
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:

Here we are defending Blair's right to a privat family life, but on another thread :
"George to be a dad again" we are detailing private details on George's personal affairs.

e.g. Name of partners, age of partners, their looks, details of nationality, their relationship status etc.

Did anyone care how George's partners OR children will feel about that story, e.g. what we call, or how we describe, their mothers / step-mothers (none of whome are in the public eye, so should expect privacy) ?

Do you not remember the press coverage of Blair's son Leo when he was born? That's not going to harm him, and neither could this story harm Galloway's unborn child. The whole point of this debate is about protecting a vulnerable 14 year old child from outward pressure when she's already clearly suffering.

It's about where to draw the line and to me it's as bold as you like.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Do you not remember the press coverage of Blair's son Leo when he was born? That's not going to harm him, and neither could this story harm Galloway's unborn child. The whole point of this debate is about protecting a vulnerable 14 year old child from outward pressure when she's already clearly suffering.

It's about where to draw the line and to me it's as bold as you like.

I believe for Leo that Blair had arranged TV presentation, i.e. it was authorised.

Here we have muck-racking about divorces, age of wives/girlfriend etc.

Not the same as in Leo's case which Blair used for PR.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not muck-raking - it's simple human-interest. If there was any muck to be raked I'm sure one of Murdoch's rags would have been on the case years ago.

Did you after reading the story feel that you'd learned something about Galloway that was seedy or reprehensible? I got the impression from it that he's a bit of an old lothario - and believing what I do about Galloway, that won't bother him in the slightest.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:

There's a lot of inconsistency in this thread which is rather obvious and pointed out a few times, but here you're comparing George being a dad again to a young girl being outed for trying to kill herself. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Nice try though!
Karl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bush rape story is very interesting. There is no smoke without fire. And the suicide is very far fetched.

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
The Bush rape story is very interesting. There is no smoke without fire. And the suicide is very far fetched.

Why is it that this one news paper is the only one out there that decided to publish this story? That makes the article a bit more fishy to me.
There are plenty of other papers in the world that would have done an articles like this. So why did this one choose?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

Why is it that this one news paper is the only one out there that decided to publish this story? That makes the article a bit more fishy to me.
There are plenty of other papers in the world that would have done an articles like this. So why did this one choose?

Very good point Skylace.

If this story held all this paper said as fact, it would have been splashed on every major newspaper and mag and every single news channel all over the globe.

It just doesn't wash with me.

Is this paper owned and operated by News of the World or the Daily Star?

Karl you have to see the logic that if this was indeed fact it would have been picked up on in a massive way.

I do however appreciate you going through the trouble to post it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Very good point Skylace.

If this story held all this paper said as fact, it would have been splashed on every major newspaper and mag and every single news channel all over the globe.

It just doesn't wash with me.

Is this paper owned and operated by News of the World or the Daily Star?

Karl you have to see the logic that if this was indeed fact it would have been picked up on in a massive way.

I do however appreciate you going through the trouble to post it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nation here's the background on the paper.

And believe me if they nailed Clinton for getting a blow job and tried to impeach him over that and had everything splashed all over the media about his sex life etc (which they did) this would have made it into our papers over here as well.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there's no way of finding out if it was fact if the case doesn't go to court.

Just the fact that the case has been accepted by the court suggests that there was enough evidence for a prosecution. I can't see many lawyers taking it on without thinking there was a good chance - but then, who knows...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's their news site. I had to check into them to see if they were on the up and up, but it still doesn't change the fact that if it was an authentic news story with any credence, the world would be swaying off its axis at the though he was both a rapist and murderer. .....but then again he is a mass murderer but the rapist part is what I've trouble with.

http://www.newnation.co.uk/

irish, I took out this embedded page as it had a popup
mickyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a strange parallel in both these stories about Bush &v Blair not being reported by the mainstream media. I tried to start threads on two major UK news forums about the Blair story, and both were pulled after mere minutes ! Positively a very freaky experience !!

Anyhow going back to the Bush story, I found this;

http://www.opednews.com/thoreau1103bush_rape_suicide.htm
mickyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s another link to an essay on the story that summarises my astonishment at the lack of media coverage;

CLICK HERE
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Here's their news site. I had to check into them to see if they were on the up and up, but it still doesn't change the fact that if it was an authentic news story with any credence, the world would be swaying off its axis at the though he was both a rapist and murderer. .....but then again he is a mass murderer but the rapist part is what I've trouble with.

http://www.newnation.co.uk/

irish, I took out this embedded page as it had a popup

Okay man behind the wee yellow font. It actually was annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: