Tony Blair's daughter in suicide bid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Bush's drink driving daughter, Cheney's lesbian daughter are fair game for the media but blair's adult daughter is censored.
Michelle from the aprentice her misscaraige is fair game for the media?
Ofcourse not.
We do not have a free media, the bbc and murdoch control everything and tony blair is their boy, so they do everything to maintain him and what he / they stand for. Who knows he might do a bush and try and get his kids to go into politics as well.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysus I can't believe you'd compare the 2 above with her situation.

Bush's drink driving daughter is not a girl in such a horribly dark spot in her life where she's contemplating killing herself. She was being a selfish arse for doing what she did and could have possibly killed some one.

Michelle from the Apprentice went on a nation wide tv show where she was full aware millions would be watching her weekly. She knew before going in she'd be open for this sort of thing and made the decision to do so. She basically invited the public into her life by going on a reality tv show, and I don't see any connection whatsoever with her or Blairs daughter. It's like comparing apples to bowling balls.

Blairs daughter never signed up for a thing. She didn't ask to be born into the family she was and have an arse for a father, and she didn't ask for, or obviously want you or anyone else being privy to the most deepest and darkest time of her life.

All I can say is thank god the press had enough class not make this tragedy front page news. They're smart enough to know how disgustingly low they'd look to anyone with the slightest bit of conscience.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad the media didn't make a big thing about it, not because of tony blair, i hate him, but the last thing his daughter needs is the media going all hyper making things worse.

it is interesting to note though the double standards in how they handled this and would/have handled other similair storys. i don't think they handled it as they did out of any concern for her, but to keep the carefully crafted image of the pm intact.

with the hi rate of suicide in this country, the pm's daughter having trouble may have helped others realise it can effect anyone - but i bet the last thing the pm wants is the pr disaster that would be his daugther explaining why she attempted to take her own life ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl - I'm glad you had some answers. I understand your point now, even if I disagree with it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
So Bush's drink driving daughter, Cheney's lesbian daughter are fair game for the media but blair's adult daughter is censored.
Michelle from the aprentice her misscaraige is fair game for the media?
Ofcourse not.
We do not have a free media, the bbc and murdoch control everything and tony blair is their boy, so they do everything to maintain him and what he / they stand for. Who knows he might do a bush and try and get his kids to go into politics as well.

'
You can't compare those. I am surprised you even would.

Suicide is something much different. She's in a fragile emotional state where she decided to attempt to TAKE HER OWN LIFE! Having that put across the media isn't going to help her get over the stress or problems that were building up in her life that lead her to make such a decision.

I am disgusted by your callous attitude. As a counselor and a person who has worked with many young people who have attempted suicide it makes me upset to see people who think that because of a person's link to a family that it makes it fair game to rake them over the media coals in a fragile emotinal state.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for anyone in Blair's family. They may end up with lots of money once he leaves office and gets on the neo-con money bandwagon, but they have to live with the legacy (indeed, may even decide to live abroad if Blair moved to the USA as some expect).

I think the daughter should be left alone since she hasn't put herself in the public eye.

I don't think this was a secret .. indeed, I think it went round the political circus like any gossip story.

Printing it might be against the published press guidelines .. so it isn't an issue of self-censorship. It might be an issue of following the rules which applies to hopefully protect all of us.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
The quotes that you can take are "increased public awareness"
so yes i believe it was in the public interest. Public awareness of this incident could have saved MANY lives. Weigh that up against one family's embarrasement. In fact the public would probably be sympathetic to the blairs.
You never know her reasons may have been more complex. May have involved a daughter realising her dad was a war criminal.

I understand what you're saying about public awareness and how publication of this might potentially save even one life, BUT what if it destroys hers? How do you judge which life is "destroyed" and which is "saved"?
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Bush's drink driving daughter is not a girl in such a horribly dark spot in her life where she's contemplating killing herself. She was being a selfish arse for doing what she did and could have possibly killed some one.

Michelle from the Apprentice went on a nation wide tv show where she was full aware millions would be watching her weekly. She knew before going in she'd be open for this sort of thing and made the decision to do so. She basically invited the public into her life by going on a reality tv show, and I don't see any connection whatsoever with her or Blairs daughter. It's like comparing apples to bowling balls.

Blairs daughter never signed up for a thing. She didn't ask to be born into the family she was and have an arse for a father, and she didn't ask for, or obviously want you or anyone else being privy to the most deepest and darkest time of her life.

All I can say is thank god the press had enough class not make this tragedy front page news. They're smart enough to know how disgustingly low they'd look to anyone with the slightest bit of conscience.

I was about to say something very similar - the two can't be compared. Although I'm not sure the media left it alone because of moral reasons - the media is one of the most immoral entities I can think of; totally devoid of conscience.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I was about to say something very similar - the two can't be compared. Although I'm not sure the media left it alone because of moral reasons - the media is one of the most immoral entities I can think of; totally devoid of conscience.

You're actually right about the media kate. They are the most immoral entity and only care about making money on other peoples short comings and tragedies.....so that part I'll take back. It was probably a gag order that stopped front page headlines and no moral conscience at all.
Boab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
Aja wrote:

so excuse me ..... what u are saying is ...... when one of ya teens gets in a problem...as teens do.....U would like it plastered over the papers ?

YES
if it helps others

If being a very big IF. IF it helps others is not a valid enough reason to print this girls story all over the papers. I don't think you truly mean what you said there cos if you had to go through that with one of your girls i'm pretty sure your opinion would change.

I personally think the fact you posted this and in the manner you did so is nothing short of disgusting. Not looking to argue as there is no arguing to be done. Its just my opinion just as you have had yours.
Karl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

it is interesting to note though the double standards in how they handled this and would/have handled other similair storys. i don't think they handled it as they did out of any concern for her, but to keep the carefully crafted image of the pm intact.

with the hi rate of suicide in this country, the pm's daughter having trouble may have helped others realise it can effect anyone - but i bet the last thing the pm wants is the pr disaster that would be his daugther explaining why she attempted to take her own life ...

I agree with your comment luke, and at least a few people have heard about the story now. Thank God the internet is not yet censored like the media is.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I've come to dis-respect Blair, I don't think his daughter is fair game. The one thing she doesn't need is public exposure and (let's face it) ridicule.

Besides, Blair's been kind enough to provide us with ample ammunition to use against him without using his daughter.

My $.02.
Karl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is ridiculing anyone tom.
Cherie Blair's sister Lauren publically wants Tony Blair indicted as a war criminal, so clearly some members of his family dont agree with him. Would it not be possible that his daughter also realised one day that her dad was a mass murderer and the most hated man in Britain. And that was the reason for her turmoil.
That is news and the job of the media to investigate and report. However, i believe they were gagged by Murdoch and the bbc.

ps Why is it ok for the media to report David Hasselhoff's 14-year-old daughter's attempted suicide by trying to "cut herself." She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. is she less important than Blair's daughter?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pile of useless dribble.

I suggest you continue googling how many people have attempted suicide so you can keep asking yourself the question. So many here have tried to open your mind but it's locked like a bank vault.

....and Tom wasn't suggesting anyone was ridiculing anyone. If you read his comment you'd of understood what he was saying.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you can see the difference between Cherie Blair (who willingly took part in a music video, possibly more public statements that I'm unaware of) and his daughter who, for deeply personal reasons, attempted to take her own life.

I never said anything about David Hasselhoff's 14-year-old daughter. If your point is the two incidents should be treated the same, I would agree -- let's leave them alone.

We are not our parents or our children or our 3rd cousins twice removed. We're responsible for what we do and nothing more. Apply this universally and the rightness or wrongness becomes clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: