Galloway V Finkelstein debate on Sky news!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salim201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Galloway V Finkelstein debate on Sky news! Reply with quote

its part of the Inside Iraq special, its on right now so i'm not sure of the point of this post, sorry i ddin't know earlier if you not reading this before 9pM!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers salim, if it wasn't for Virgin media being crap I'd be able to cap it, but I've asked my brother to put an audio recording on at least, but it will only be the last 20 minutes or so... better than nothing until something better comes along
Salim201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, he should be able to get the closing statements and the part where daniel indirectly accuses george of being anti-semetic and he goes mad!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here's the last 19'31 of the debate

nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Finklestein should be ashamed of himself. Petty, pathetic, simpering scum.

Crying "Again with the Jews! Again with the Jews!" when George merely mentions Israel and Sharon. These calculating Zionists capitalise on the fact that they can shout anti-Semitism as soon as anyone criticises the Israeli government. It makes me sick.

Plus the bringing up of George's second meeting with Saddam Hussein - as a valid counter-point, that got old years ago, but these pathetic, sneering idiots never tire of the token mention.

In a way it makes me smile, because it shows how strong his argument is that people have to resort to scraping the bottom of the barrel of personal insults in order to try and discredit him instead of actually challanging him on the point he is making.
Salim201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can't argue with him on the main points, it was interesting when George pointed out that Israel is important in decision to go to war with Iraq, because Israel is virtually the only country that has benefitted! Finklestein was left silenced by that point as an ardent zionist he knows that to be true, and the implications that that point has. thanks for the audio btw! Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm honest I'd say his last witness (I forget the name) crumbled under examination. I wish I'd seen the whole thing. Was this a repeat as I've not heard of it before?
Salim201

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was on live last night at 9pm, but clips of it are on the sky news website under 'video', search for iraq debate.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George mentioned this a few times in today's show .. so he must be v. proud he got 82% vote. Can't recall if it wa a caller, or George, who wondered if the 18% for the war were in the Cabinet.

p.s. Minor, I believe Daniel's name is spelt "Finkelstein", and not "Finklestein"

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ytff1-msgff&p=%22Daniel%20Finkelstein%22&ei=UTF-8
DavidGig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link for the video highlights:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-iraqweek_highlights_150307,00.html

(Although it seems like the only bits worth highlighting were Finkelstein's "antisemitism" slurs.)
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice seeing the video .. but I prefer Faceless's audio which is 20 mins versus 3:23 and and includes all the cuttings from Sky.

Hot arguments = sensational highlights.
afriat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post.

Fantastic site. Really enjoying it.

Am really dissapointed to have missed this programme on sky. Shame it was not better publicised.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Afriat,

Nice you are on the forum. As a matter of interest, how did you hear about the forum?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a comment I just read HERE

George Galloway and Daniel Finkelstein
Last uploaded : Monday 19th Mar 2007 at 15:19
Contributed by : Carol Gould

We wrote what we thought was an accurate report on the March 15 Sky News debate on the Iraq War hosted by Adam Boulton, but George Galloway raised objections to the article and suggested we had defamed him.

Frankly, as I am recovering from breast cancer surgery and am still not up to speed, I must regresttably let my readers down and remove the article as I have no strength or resoucres for a legal battle.

Apologies.

Carol Gould

----------------

I'd say that if she's that ill then she should be recuperating and not getting involved in the first place. Using it as a reason not to stand by her/their comments doesn't give her much credibility in my eyes.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you read it before it was removed faceless? i'd be interested in seeing what it was like
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: