Jealousy becomes criminal offence in Mexico

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Jealousy becomes criminal offence in Mexico Reply with quote

Mexican men who display extreme jealousy or avoid sex with their wives could be tried in court and punished under a new law, the special prosecutor for crimes against women says.

Special prosecutor Alicia Elena Perez Duarte has told Excelsior newspaper that men who phone their wives every half hour to check up on them, constantly suspect them of infidelity or try to control the way they dress are committing the crime of jealousy.

Those who stop talking to their wives, avoid sex or try to convince suspicious spouses they are "crazy" even if the men are caught red-handed having an affair are guilty of indifference, she said.

Men found guilty of jealousy or indifference could face up to five years in prison, the newspaper said.

Mexico's individual states will determine the punishments.

The new law was passed this month to protect women from domestic violence.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I was just starting to get to know my husband I was at work talking to one of my co-workers about him. One of the custodians, who had been born and raised in Mexico and had a VERY strong accent came in the conversation.
He lectured me for 30 minutes that I should never make my husband "Jello" the worst thing a woman could do to her man was to make him "Jello" and if she made him "Jello" it would be nothing but heartache.
It took me forever to figure out he was telling me not to make my husband "Jealous"
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But let the men steal as many buffets as they wish as they'll only get five months suspended then. Show a hint of jealousy...five years buddy...five years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: