High Maintenance Bitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: High Maintenance Bitch Reply with quote

Quote:
SEATTLE (AP) - A newly opened store catering to very pampered dogs, especially female dogs, is getting more than questioning looks for its name, High Maintenance Bitch.

The third word in the sign is widely visible at North 45th Street and Wallingford Avenue North, one of the main intersections in the Wallingford neighborhood business west of Interstate 5 and north of the Lake Washington Ship Canal.

"I am probably the most progressive liberal person in the world and I am personally offended by the sign," said Janet Stillman, executive director of the Wallingford Neighborhood Office. "It's so blatant and so in your face."

The sign is the issue more than products such as Gel-ous Bitch bath gel and Street Walker paw cleanser, said Kara Ceriello, co-president of the Wallingford Chamber of Commerce.

Ceriello said she supports the store but has heard complaints from about a dozen people.

"It is going to be a hot issue again when we get to our Wallingford Kiddie Parade and Street Fair," she said.

Stillman said the sign could wreck family photographs of the parade, scheduled for July 7.

"Walk by there with your 5-year-old and try to explain why that sign is there. Half of the sign is made up of the word 'bitch.'"

Making no apologies, co-founder Lori Pacchiano, 36, said she planned to meet with the chamber Thursday. Meanwhile, she and her brother, Ryan Pacchiano, 27, hope to made the business name as commonplace in shopping areas as Victoria's Secret.

Over the next three years they hope to open 10 stores at a cost of about $200,000 each.

"Our company is probably the most high-end pet brand in the world," Pacchiano said. "We want to be known for growing from Seattle."

In the process, she said, one of her goals is to reclaim the word in its original meaning, a female dog, as opposed to a derogatory term for a woman.

"Our store is a dog store, but the concept and philosophy is directed specifically toward women," she said.

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am probably the most progressive liberal person in the world and I am personally offended by the sign

???????????!!?!

I'd like to see all of those involved in this story being put down inhumanely. The people who opened the place, the people who use it and the people who complain about it. Problem solved!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the same parents who have difficulty explaining what 'Bitch' means to their five year olds, manage to explain the meaning of "Adult" shops when they pass them?

I just found the whole thing ludicrously funny from both sides.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a brilliant name. I love it! Laughing

If I had a bitch I'd take her there. My dog too!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this is a perfectly legit store name. I mean what are we going to do? Ban not only the "bad" words, but the words that are "bad" half of the time? Why not ban adult shops and horror movies altogether? Why stop there? Why not fine people who use harsh language? [substitute-random-deity] forbid our children should be exposed to anything that might challenge our oh-so-sensitive sense of decency!

[/rant]

Very Happy
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the co-owner, Ryan, featured on the Bravo Reality Show, "Show-Dog Moms and Dads"? It featured people and dogs in the competitive dog show world, and if I remember correctly, Ryan and his partner were opening this shop aimed towards wealthy dog owners?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people need to get a grip. Should we ban saying 'ass' on farms where they are?

These people have nothing better to do then to find some stupid cause because it offends their "morals". Makes me sick.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Some people need to get a grip. Should we ban saying 'ass' on farms where they are?

These people have nothing better to do then to find some stupid cause because it offends their "morals". Makes me sick.

If you haven't any donkeys on the farm then yes you should ban the word 'ass' as it would be fair to assume you're using it in a derogatory manner. I am however willing to allow the word 'arse' to be used in its place.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

If you haven't any donkeys on the farm then yes you should ban the word 'ass' as it would be fair to assume you're using it in a derogatory manner. I am however willing to allow the word 'arse' to be used in its place.

Laughing Well at least I know now!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

That was my attempt at an authoritative statement Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

That was my attempt at an authoritative statement Laughing

2thumbsup Good job! A few more tries and you'll be ready to teach 6th grade!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: