Britney shaves (her head)!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Britney shaves (her head)!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Britney Spears' recent behaviour is erratic and worrying and she needs help, according to a leading psychologist.

The pop star reportedly checked into rehab, then checked out again within 24 hours, before shaving off her own hair in a Los Angeles salon.

Professor Cary Cooper, professor of psychology and health at Lancaster University, said: "She's obviously quite a disturbed girl at the moment, she doesn't know who or what she is.

"If she's checked in and checked out within a 24 hour period, it shows she's kind of lost control. She obviously needs some help, and needs somebody to take hold, because her behaviour is very erratic."

Professor Cooper, an expert on stress, added: "I think it's a call for help. She's saying, 'I'm very confused, I'm not in control of myself at the moment, I need a fresh start, I need help'.

"You couldn't have anything clearer than that. To me, it's a symbolic act, saying, 'Help, I'm not altogether here' - and it's certainly drawn attention to her."

Spears shocked fans looking through the window of the San Fernando Valley salon on Friday night when she grabbed an electric clipper and shaved her own head.

Owner Esther Tognozzi told CNN: "I tried to talk her out of it. I said, 'Are you sure you're not having a bad day and tomorrow you'll feel differently about it? Why don't we wait a little bit?'

"She said 'No, I absolutely want it shaved off now.' Next thing I know, she grabbed the buzzer and she went to the back of my salon and she was shaving off her own hair."

Holy crap - she's completely losing the plot. She didn't look completely all there in tht you-tube video that was posted as few weeks ago. I reckon we need an intervention here or she'll end up doing herself serious damage.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure her neurologist is happy about it. It saves him time in preparing for the lobotomy!

She's lucky she's a decent shaped head. I know one girl that shaved hers and had a big dent in the back and it looked downright odd.

I think she'll live to regret this.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really liked her before, but that's some statement she's made and good luck to her!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect a few new songs by her now....

The Britney Moon Stomp (if your old enough you will find that funny).

=================================

I think she's one rolling mess of PR crap myself...

If she's in the papers shes getting money in the bank in one form or another.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this girl is in a lot of trouble.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I'm sure her neurologist is happy about it. It saves him time in preparing for the lobotomy!

agree 2thumbsup Very Happy clap Laughing
Boab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the tabloid media for you. They pay guys to hound her and follow her every step 24/7. I really feel sorry for her TBH. The past few years we have seen her act in ways, which to me seem like a cry for help. Others may not agree buts thats my opinion. This latest episode surely has to be it for Britney. I really hope she gets the help she needs.

Anything she does is analysed and criticised and printed for all to read and she isn't the only celeb this happens too. Its all fair to say she has a lot of money, but its obvious she doesn't have as great a life as most folk believe money brings.

Girl i work beside buys a lot of these mags. Heat, Closer, etc. If any of you have had the misfortune to "read" one of these types of mags then you'll understand why i think they are wrong. They have a go at celebs for being too skinny, then some are too fat. Young girls shouldn't be reading about things like that and especially not on a weekly basis.

That may be a bit off topic but i think its relevant.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
The past few years we have seen her act in ways, which to me seem like a cry for help. Others may not agree buts thats my opinion. This latest episode surely has to be it for Britney. I really hope she gets the help she needs.

While I totally agree here, it is up to her to get the help. You can't force another human to get help. She checked into rehab...she was trying to get help, or so it seemed, until she checked herself out. She needs to grow up, put on her big girl panties, and take care of business and stop acting like a spoiled child.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldorksrule wrote:
Boab wrote:
The past few years we have seen her act in ways, which to me seem like a cry for help. Others may not agree buts thats my opinion. This latest episode surely has to be it for Britney. I really hope she gets the help she needs.

While I totally agree here, it is up to her to get the help. You can't force another human to get help. She checked into rehab...she was trying to get help, or so it seemed, until she checked herself out. She needs to grow up, put on her big girl panties, and take care of business and stop acting like a spoiled child.

There wouldn't have been half the negative press as there is about her now if she'd put any pants on at all!

It all started with her flashing her bits to photographers with legs spread wide open and fully knowing they were snapping pics of her (there).

I don't for one minute believe she didn't realise this would start a snowball effect on public opinion. Anyone daft enough to do that is troubled sure, but also seeking attention that they miss, and because she's not had a hit in 3 years or more it's what she's turned to as a way of staying on the front pages of every rag out there.

I hope she gets help, but with her checking herself in then out again right away tells me she's not ready to accept it.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point exactly LOL...You just say it better! And it is her fault she hasn't had a hit in 3 years because she made the decision to quit recording. You are right...she has brought it all upon herself.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing compares 2U
Boab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldorksrule wrote:
Boab wrote:

With all due respect this is just the beginning of the end IMO. The no panties incident had nothing to do with this on the whole scale of things. Whatever the reason for her doing this is a mystery, but this is a girl that has grown up since around the age of 11 in showbiz. Since she was 15/16 she has been made a role model to hundreds of thousands and had her every move watched and scrutinised. I think you are very naive in saying she should grow up. IMO she is suffeirng from mental health issues. This has been the case for years not just the past few months. There have too many incidents to mention. She is clearly rebelling against her past career. A career that, although making her rich and famous, had her thrown about like a piece of meat for the corporates to make big bucks.

Don't judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. I personally don't think i could handle all that pressure. Others may like to think they can but history has shown that many cant.

You make it sound so easy just to walk into rehab and hey presto you're fixed. You're attitude is typical of societys attitude towards the demise of celebritys these days. We think cos they are rich and famous that all is well or all should be well. We never think of the pressures, the strains, the downfalls and why....................cos she is Britney f**kin Spears. She MUST be happy cos she's living the dream.

I wish the girl all the best, but may i add that not for one minute did i say she should be forcefully restrained and helped. I merely said i hope she gets the help she needs. I still stand by that statement.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
Nothing compares 2U

lol my thoughts exactly but she was of sound mind and gorgeous with it....althought Britney doesn't look that bad either actually. I don't mind the look although I prefer dreadlocks. Rasta Faria!!
Boab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
janbo1960 wrote:
Nothing compares 2U

lol my thoughts exactly but she was of sound mind and gorgeous with it....althought Britney doesn't look that bad either actually. I don't mind the look although I prefer dreadlocks. Rasta Faria!!

If you mean Sinead O'Connor then many thought she was insane when on live tv she said, and i may not be accurate here, "fight the real enemy" and then produced a pic of Pope John Paul II. She then ripped it up live on air.

All about opinions isn't it.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
girldorksrule wrote:
Boab wrote:

With all due respect this is just the beginning of the end IMO. The no panties incident had nothing to do with this on the whole scale of things. Whatever the reason for her doing this is a mystery, but this is a girl that has grown up since around the age of 11 in showbiz. Since she was 15/16 she has been made a role model to hundreds of thousands and had her every move watched and scrutinised. I think you are very naive in saying she should grow up. IMO she is suffeirng from mental health issues. This has been the case for years not just the past few months. There have too many incidents to mention. She is clearly rebelling against her past career. A career that, although making her rich and famous, had her thrown about like a piece of meat for the corporates to make big bucks.

Don't judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. I personally don't think i could handle all that pressure. Others may like to think they can but history has shown that many cant.

You make it sound so easy just to walk into rehab and hey presto you're fixed. You're attitude is typical of societys attitude towards the demise of celebritys these days. We think cos they are rich and famous that all is well or all should be well. We never think of the pressures, the strains, the downfalls and why....................cos she is Britney f**kin Spears. She MUST be happy cos she's living the dream.

I wish the girl all the best, but may i add that not for one minute did i say she should be forcefully restrained and helped. I merely said i hope she gets the help she needs. I still stand by that statement.

I included the panty incident because it's part in parcel of what's put her in the press as of late, and since this is a forum where we discuss things and put our opinions, I included mine and why? ... because I felt like it! ...as I'm sure girldork did as well.

Since she put herself out there for people to notice, she's getting just what she wants....and that's to have people talk about her and stare at her image in the rags. If she isn't happy about it then perhaps she should keep her legs closed, put some pants on and live like the normal people do....and TRY being a mother to her children.

I don't care if she started in showbiz from her nappy days. Years pass and people have to mentally grow as it's just the way life is, and if you're old enough to have children then you should be old enough to know how to conduct yourself in the public eye.

She needs to cop on here and get a grip of what the real world is about, and I feel pity for her because she's acting like a person totally out of control mentally, but nowhere do I see anyone saying that it's easy to walk into rehab and walk out and presto your sorted? It's clearly the facts of what she did, and if you don't like the facts then perhaps you should address it to the rags that wrote it or the rehab clinic she was in that released the information.

Don't shoot the messenger!

I don't particularly care if she's living the dream or not....but one thing I can assure you is she's living in a dream world.

I don't look at celebs as some ultimate humans that deserve any better understanding or treatment then the next person, but they've the means to get themselves the best help possible. If they don't take the opportunity to do so then that's rather unfortunate, but what's even more unfortunate is the average joe out there that's skint and can't afford to get help and live a normal life. Where's the compassion for them? and just because they've no celebrity status they'll never even be seen, and that's the one I care for most. The ones that can't mentally or physically help themselves.

She's human, therefor I pity her for her problems, but that's as far as it goes. She's causing more of her own problems than I or anyone else am from talking about her or giving our opinions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: