Galloway's new TV show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Galloway's new TV show Reply with quote

So what's it gonna be do you reckon? He's been dropping hints for a while now and mentioned last night that something was definitely in the offing. I think it'll be a regular slot on a current show, such as Jeremy Kyle or similar. Whatever it is I'll try to provide high quality daily captures of the shows for all members.
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting...
Comsatangel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some sort of game show? Now that would be cool. I reckon they should bring back 3-2-1 and have George hosting in place of the late Ted Rogers
popinjay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he was interested in doing a John Stewart thing, except at breakfast time... or am I mixing two stories together?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popinjay wrote:
Apparently he was interested in doing a John Stewart thing, except at breakfast time... or am I mixing two stories together?

That would be pretty cool, but I don't think Galloway is funny enough in himself to make it work.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, Jon Stewart probably isn't either. That's why it's not a 1-man show.

One of my favourite recent additions is John Oliver -- his writing strikes me as especially good.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Come to think of it, Jon Stewart probably isn't either. That's why it's not a 1-man show.

One of my favourite recent additions is John Oliver -- his writing strikes me as especially good.

Even given the very high level of writing quality I still don't think that Galloway could give the writing that extra comedic zing that Jon Stewart gives it.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't like to see GG doing a comedy type show. I think he'd do well on TV if he did the same sort of thing as his radio show but instead of callers, special guests to chat to. He could do a 10 - 15 minute monalogue at the beginning and then discuss the topics with the guest for the rest of the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: