Bizarre Facts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

1. China has close to 25% of the world's population.

2. Christmas became a national holiday in the US in 1890.

3. Cows sweat through their noses.

4. Deer sleep only 5 minutes a day.

5. Despite a population of well over one billion people, there are only an estimated 250 million televisions in use in China.

6. Dogs can't decipher size. That's why little dogs are mean.

7. Cleveland law forbids you to operate a motor vehicle while sitting in another person's lap.

8. Dave Matthews relocated to the United States to avoid service in the South African Military.

9. Don't even think about having sex while in a moving ambulance in Tremonton, Utah as it is extremely illegal. Of course, a stationary ambulance is another story.

10. Dentists have recommended that toothbrushes be kept at least six feet from toilets to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

11. Dolphins can look in different directions with each eye. They can sleep with one eye open.

12. Cockroaches break wind every 15 minutes.

13. Coffee was first known in Europe as Arabian Wine.

14. Did you know that 85.7% of statistics are made up?

15. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

16. During pregnancy, the average woman's uterus expands up to five hundred times its normal size.

17. China was the first country to use paper money.

18. During the average human life, you will consume 70 assorted bugs as well as 10 spiders as you sleep.

19. Did you know that crocodiles never outgrow the pool in which they live?

20. Death Valley, California, has a point that is 280 feet below sea level.

Quote:
18. During the average human life, you will consume 70 assorted bugs as well as 10 spiders as you sleep.
Crying Please someone tell me this isn't true
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

& it's bloody hot Smile

I DJ'd a friends wedding at the 'Furnace Creek Inn' Death Valley...
It's the place that the Eagles wrote "Hotel California" about (but not the one on the album cover)...

The area also has the lowest Golf Course (& greenest in a desert enviroment).

Death Valley is also one of the best places to star gaze & is very well populated with 'Road Runners'.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:

& it's bloody hot Smile

It's the place that the Eagles wrote "Hotel California" about (but not the one on the album cover)...

Death Valley is also one of the best places to star gaze & is very well populated with 'Road Runners'.

Road Runners? They're real? Like meepmeep?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Quote:

I've heard 8 spiders but it wouldn't surprise me. When they are saying bugs though they are usually meaning the tiny ones we don't notice to often and not mamba jamba spiders. Not that it is really any comfort is it? Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Quote:

I've heard 8 spiders but it wouldn't surprise me. When they are saying bugs though they are usually meaning the tiny ones we don't notice to often and not mamba jamba spiders. Not that it is really any comfort is it? Laughing

No Sad A fly once flew into my mouth but I didn't swallow it. I screamed and about cried and wanted someone to get a gun and shoot me to put me out of my misery. I knew he'd probably been on a piece of shite before my mouth and I know how the dirty yoke started life wow
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Quote:

No Sad A fly once flew into my mouth but I didn't swallow it. I screamed and about cried and wanted someone to get a gun and shoot me to put me out of my misery. I knew he'd probably been on a piece of shite before my mouth and I know how the dirty yoke started life wow

Yick! Sad Stuff like that is never pretty. I hate it enough when they land on food! The little things just gross me out!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Quote:

Yick! Sad Stuff like that is never pretty. I hate it enough when they land on food! The little things just gross me out!

I won't touch a thing if a fly has landed on it, so you can imagine how I was when it happened. I'm ultra squeamish about bugs or anything nasty.

Everyone there was laughing so hard at me and one person I was with saw it fly in and she was literally rolling on the ground laughing holding her stomach Surprised
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Facts Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Quote:

I won't touch a thing if a fly has landed on it, so you can imagine how I was when it happened. I'm ultra squeamish about bugs or anything nasty.

Everyone there was laughing so hard at me and one person I was with saw it fly in and she was literally rolling on the ground laughing holding her stomach Surprised

Oh no! You wouldn't like some of the creepy-crawlies we have down here!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the innuit don't suffer from this problem - so the solution is clear, move north!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I bet the innuit don't suffer from this problem - so the solution is clear, move north!

I'm already in the North Pole! Laughing
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

& it's bloody hot Smile

Why does this have me rolling right now?! I hear a Valley Girl version of the meepmeep ... "Like meepmeep"
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

& it's bloody hot Smile

They're our state bird!
We get a bunch by our pool every year. They're pretty tiny though and make no meep meep. Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

& it's bloody hot Smile

Why does this have me rolling right now?! I hear a Valley Girl version of the meepmeep ... "Like meepmeep"

Laughing cheeky

That's been pointed out to be before by a few people, and also that I end a sentence with the words 'so or like'. I think it's a Northern Irish/Irish slang thing we tend to use a good bit.....well the ones that don't quite know how to speak proper!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

& it's bloody hot Smile

They're our state bird!
We get a bunch by our pool every year. They're pretty tiny though and make no meep meep. Laughing

Like oh my god! (that was for Marcella) Laughing

I must be thick as pigshite but I always thought it was just a cartoon character. It's so cute awwww!

So seeing they're small I reckon if he catches you you're not really through?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Like oh my god! (that was for Marcella) Laughing

I must be thick as pigshite but I always thought it was just a cartoon character. It's so cute awwww!

So seeing they're small I reckon if he catches you you're not really through?

Doubt he would even try to catch you. They're very timid. Every time we go out back and they're there we have to hold very still or they will dart away. However, if one should get pissy with ya, he wouldn't be able to do much. My money's on the coyote every time! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: