Dutch gym to introduce 'Naked Sunday' for naturists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Dutch gym to introduce 'Naked Sunday' for naturists Reply with quote

AMSTERDAM (AP) — Self-conscious about what you wear while working out? A Dutch gym plans to introduce "Naked Sunday" for people who like to huff and puff in the buff.

Patrick de Man, owner of Fitworld gym in the town of Heteren, said he got the idea in part from two of his customers who are avid nudists.

"I heard that some other gyms are offering courses on 'pole-dancing' as a sport, so I thought: Why not bring something new to the market?" de Man said.

He said the response had been overwhelming — positive and negative.

The 70,000-member Dutch Federation of Naturists was curious to see if Fitworld's plan would work, spokesman Bernd Huiser said.

"We recently conducted a large survey among our members, and most prefer to exercise with their clothes on," he said. "The most popular activities (for nudists) are things you do outdoors, like walking on the beach, or swimming in a lake, or maybe gardening."

De Man said the first question Fitworld customers were asking was whether it would be sanitary.

Nude exercisers would be required to put towels down on weight machines and to use disposable seat covers while riding bikes. All machines would be cleaned and disinfected afterward. "We clean them every day anyway," he said.

The first "Naked Sunday" is scheduled for March 4.

After reading this, all I could think of was the sweaty arse crack marks on the machines at the gym I use to work out at....and that was people with clothing on. Disposable seat covers wouldn't cut it if the person is really overweight, and the stench in the place would be enough to make the paint peel off the walls Surprised

Unfortunately not everyone is clean when they go for their workout....and that's another reason I don't fancy going to gyms anymore. It's an assault on the eyes and nose.......and speaking of assault on the eyes.....imagine some fat hairy guy working out in the buff? Bahhhh crazed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: