Woman's Pleas Ignored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Woman's Pleas Ignored Reply with quote

A woman says police ignored her pleas for help when she was pregnant.

Unbelievable these bastards wouldn't listen and did nothing to help her and she loses her baby through it all! I hope she sues the police departments arses off and the pricks that stopped her are sacked.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't cop an attitude with me. It's called a menstrual cycle."

Lovely. What bastards. Surely one of the officers could have accompanied her to the hospital.

Let that baby's death be on their heads.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this on the news this morning and was sickened.

This is the first time I have seen something like this. A few years back I remember a woman who was eight months pregnant being slammed into the side of her car stomach first!

I'm with you eefan, it's on their heads.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story sickened me as much as another one I heard last night. Some girl had gone to a parade and was heading home and was raped. She called police and they took her back to the area where she'd been attacked to see if they could gather evidence. They then took her off to jail!

She had actually gone to hospital to get the morning after pill, and in order for this to work you're meant to take 2 doses, 12 hours apart.

The nurse in jail wouldn't give her the other dose because she said it was against her religion, and the thought of a rape victim being jailed when she's going through so much hellish trauma is the worst possible thing you can do to a person......AND the reason they took her to jail was from an unpaid fine from when she was a minor for some joy riding charge, which she'd already paid off!

Eefan I know you're a Nancy Grace fan. She had this on last night and probably will again tonight. If you're up you should watch. You'll be horrified with the details of it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole excuse about it being against her religion just pisses me off even more. Like pharmacists here being able to say they won't give out birth control because it's against theirs.

We have freedom of religion here and last time I checked that didn't mean you get to impose your moral and religious beliefs on others. That nurse should be made to take care of the girl if she gets pregnant as a result of the rape.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is precisely the police attitude where I live here in New York. They are cocky and are on power trips. I just got into an accident with an undercover DEA car, and the passenger was supposed to be driving the car, but she was letting some other unauthorized person drive the car. She lied on the police report and said she was driving and had the officer who filled out the actual police report to write her lying events of what happened. I'm telling you, as much as I'd like to support our police, it's crap like this that just puts me completely off. New policies should be written and followed for that situation, AND I hope this woman sues the balls off of the city and gets some money compensation, though you can never compensate for a deceased child. BBBAAASSSTTTAARRRDDSSS!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
This story sickened me as much as another one I heard last night. Some girl had gone to a parade and was heading home and was raped. She called police and they took her back to the area where she'd been attacked to see if they could gather evidence. They then took her off to jail!

She had actually gone to hospital to get the morning after pill, and in order for this to work you're meant to take 2 doses, 12 hours apart.

The nurse in jail wouldn't give her the other dose because she said it was against her religion, and the thought of a rape victim being jailed when she's going through so much hellish trauma is the worst possible thing you can do to a person......AND the reason they took her to jail was from an unpaid fine from when she was a minor for some joy riding charge, which she'd already paid off!

Eefan I know you're a Nancy Grace fan. She had this on last night and probably will again tonight. If you're up you should watch. You'll be horrified with the details of it.

I will certainly try to watch her tonight (I've actually only watched her a couple of times)...... she'll make mincemeat of the authorities.

I have to take real exception to the nurse in the jail. As nurses, we are to provide, unbiased, professional care to whomever crosses our path (it doesn't mean we have to like the patient, but rather that we provide the same care to them as we would anyone else). Where does she get off denying this person her medication because it's against her religion????? I work with a nun who is able to provide information on where to obtain abortion services, and this is about the biggest "conflict" I can think of. It comes down to the patient's right to chose their own treatment. Oh, it's hard when you don't agree with what a patient is doing, but it comes down to being a professional and acting as such.

Not only should the jail be investigated, this nurse should be investigated by the nursing licensing body in her state. I think it's doubtful that she would lose her licence, but she might have certain restrictions placed on it, such as having to complete some ethics training. And, her future employers would likely have to be made aware of this incident.

Just and FYI on the morning after pills.... recent research shows that women may have up to 120 hrs/5 days to take the pills and have them be effective. After this, insertion of a copper IUD may prove to be very effective. So, hopefully, this woman will have been given her options.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I will certainly try to watch her tonight (I've actually only watched her a couple of times)...... she'll make mincemeat of the authorities.

I have to take real exception to the nurse in the jail. As nurses, we are to provide, unbiased, professional care to whomever crosses our path (it doesn't mean we have to like the patient, but rather that we provide the same care to them as we would anyone else). Where does she get off denying this person her medication because it's against her religion????? I work with a nun who is able to provide information on where to obtain abortion services, and this is about the biggest "conflict" I can think of. It comes down to the patient's right to chose their own treatment. Oh, it's hard when you don't agree with what a patient is doing, but it comes down to being a professional and acting as such.

Not only should the jail be investigated, this nurse should be investigated by the nursing licensing body in her state. I think it's doubtful that she would lose her licence, but she might have certain restrictions placed on it, such as having to complete some ethics training. And, her future employers would likely have to be made aware of this incident.

Just and FYI on the morning after pills.... recent research shows that women may have up to 120 hrs/5 days to take the pills and have them be effective. After this, insertion of a copper IUD may prove to be very effective. So, hopefully, this woman will have been given her options.

I was out for the night so didn't get a chance to see if that was the topic, but she was right livid last night and usually won't let go of a story till she buries the wrong doer, and for that I really respect that woman.

This poor 21 year old was in jail from saturday till monday afternoon. They showed her walking out with a bag infront of her face so the press didn't have snaps of her....and thank god for that. She's been put through enough hell and I hope to god she gets major restitution for this, but then again all the money in the world isn't going to help her with the mental trauma she's been caused by both the rape and the treatment she had to go through right after.

If it's true what was said of the nurse, she should be sacked along with everyone else that had anything to do with this case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: