93 Pound Tumor Removed From Woman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: 93 Pound Tumor Removed From Woman Reply with quote

TULSA, Okla. In health, can you imagine walking around with a 93 pound tumor in your belly and not knowing it was there. Medical Reporter Stephanie Stahl explains the amazing details.

Doctors didn't know it was there.

A 32-year-old woman, who was repeatedly told she needed to lose weight, accidentally discovered why diets simply didn't work. She was carrying around a 93 pound growth on her ovary.

Taquela Hilton said she struggled with weight for 12 years and during that time, the cyst was never diagnosed.

"I quit going to doctors, every one I went to told me to lose weight and I had tried every diet I could think of," said Hilton.

It was her primary care Doctor Jennifer Cameron who finally figured out it wasn't just a problem with food.

The first clue was her legs.

"The first summer I met her, her legs were too tight, so huge her legs would just crack and weep," said Dr. Cameron of Southcrest Medical Plaza.

Desperate for answers, Dr. Cameron, scheduled exploratory surgery.

During the surgery doctors made the shocking discovery, a 93 pound benign ovarian cyst.

"This was just like a big balloon, a big beach ball," said Dr. Cameron.

Since the surgery three weeks ago Taquela has lost 137 pounds. Now weighing in at 359 lbs. doctors said her health improving daily.

Doctors said much smaller ovarian cysts are very common and usually not cancerous. Most women don't know they have them because there are often no symptoms and they go away without intervention.

Click here for video

Unbelievable! wow
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god! That is amazing and very scary! I am glad she was finally able to get that sorted!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since the surgery three weeks ago Taquela has lost 137 pounds. Now weighing in at 359 lbs

OMG... so the thing was 93lbs, she's lost a further 137lbs & still tops the scales at 359lbs...
Of course the doctors had no clue, she was so damn obese no matter how you look at it.

with the tumor she was a staggering: 589lbs
sorry but that is fucking huge.... it's over three & a quater times my own weight....
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did the doctors miss it?
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they removed the woman from the tumour!!!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to spurt on... but people you are missing something here....

They couldn't see it because she was Fucking huge... 'liked CAKE'!!!!!!

Again, do the math here... it weighed in at 93lbs that is big, but it's a drop in the ocean seeing as whilst in her she topped the scale at 589lbs
(That is 267kg or look at it this way: 589 pounds = 42.0714286 stones... she wasn't small)

It's hard to see the fingers on a woman that size let alone guess that she has a tumor in her.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
I guess they removed the woman from the tumour!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing omg that cracked me up!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:

Again, do the math here... it weighed in at 93lbs that is big, but it's a drop in the ocean seeing as whilst in her she topped the scale at 589lbs
(That is 267kg or look at it this way: 589 pounds = 42.0714286 stones... she wasn't small)

It's hard to see the fingers on a woman that size let alone guess that she has a tumor in her.

You've a point, but yet, I think the greater issue is the fact that nobody gave concern to her symptoms because of her weight. That surely would have been detected had someone bothered to do an internal exam, plain and simple.

I'm not excusing the weight issue, only that I've seen it too many times that it's the first and only thing some people see.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

You've a point, but yet, I think the greater issue is the fact that nobody gave concern to her symptoms because of her weight. That surely would have been detected had someone bothered to do an internal exam, plain and simple.

I'm not excusing the weight issue, only that I've seen it too many times that it's the first and only thing some people see.

That's an excellent point eefan. It is sad to think that they just looked at her and didn't go any further than that.

I am glad it was figured out for her and maybe now she can go on and lose even more weight to lead a healthier life.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know her hostory nor do we know when the tumor started, but an educated guess is that the tumor came along quite some time after she had perhaps seen doctors and had been told numerous times to drop some weight.

Had a tumor like this been in a 'healthy' sized person (apart from looking like a tennis ball glued on a pencil) the medico's would have looked deeper (no pun intended) & perhaps found the cause.

However, when you have somebody who shows up topping the scales at over 450lbs & she gains weight to nearly 600lbs over time...
Well you can't blame the medical profession for telling her to drop some weight.

A tumor like that don't pop up over night, it would take ages for it to grow to that size.... did she complain about pains? did she complain about anything non weight related?

====================================================

I sound like I have no pity, this isn't true, I can see however that it would be hard to make a decent diagnostic of the tumor under the circumstances.

There is also the fact that 'some' women of size can not tell what is going on inside of them due to the obese state they are in.
We often see in the news that women of size give birth & it's the first they know of being pregnant.
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen a similar operation on another woman years ago. The tumor was actually keeping her alive. They had trouble cutting it out because of the tumor over taking her arteries. Gross.... My heart goes out to these people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: