American Idol 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:

Can't believe who went this week. I agree with the first girl but how that Antonella stayed in is beyond me.

Was it AJ that went. That was a poor choice as well.

Mind you they did pick Taylor Hicks over Daughtry crazed

Boab - checkout www.votefortheworst.com

They claim responsibility for Taylor winning, and Antonella's continued "suck-cess"
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is quite obvious why Antonella is still in it. Clearly it is not her voice!!! I think it is funny - a few 'risqué' photos on the internet, a half way decent looking girl and suddenly it doesn't matter that your singing really ain't that great! I guess that is the way forward for future American Idols :-) The best thing was that after she sang she attacked Simon saying that they didn't spot Jennifer Hudson. So besides not being able to sing she also isn't very bright (clearly Hudson got voted off by the American public). I think the whole series is a right good old laugh - I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Vote for the Worst is going to do it again. Yay for Antonella!!! This is really quite funny, although she won't last for ever, their aim is at least to get her to the top 12.

Check out this site, which claims a high percentage of its predictions are correct (works by measuring the number of times it recieves a busy signal on a contestant line)

Can't wait for the results show.....
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that Antonella and hailey dont go .....i am gonna throw things at the TV >>>Grrrrr
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borat & Gwen Stefani Make Good on Idol

Who says Simon Cowell is heartless? He'll show off his softer side when American Idol airs a two-night special called Idol Gives Back aimed at raising awareness and money for organizations that provide relief programs to help youngsters living in extreme poverty in America and Africa. The all-star event – featuring Gwen Stefani, Borat Sagdiyev (Sacha Baron Cohen), Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox and Il Divo – will be broadcast on April 24 and 25.

On the Tuesday show that week, the Top 6 finalists will sing "life anthems" – songs about compassion and hope. After the performance show, viewers will vote for their favorite contestants but for every vote cast, show sponsors Coca-Cola and AT&T, among other partners, will donate money to the nonprofit Charity Projects Entertainment Fund.

"Having witnessed some of the appalling conditions in Africa firsthand, I'm especially proud that our show is offering Americans the chance to help those most in need," Cowell, who traveled to Africa with host Ryan Seacrest and personally witnessed the poverty and disease there, said in a statement. "Ensuring that American charities will equally benefit from these efforts was one of my priorities."
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ousted Idol Has Her Say

How hard was it to deal with all the controversy that was going on around you when you were on the show?

It was definitely difficult and it wasn't how I intended things to go, but I tried to block it out as much as possible and stay focused on the competition. All that other stuff was completely irrelevant to the fact that I'm here to sing.

Visibility is important – does part of you feel that there's no such thing as bad publicity?

Yes, it's true that my name is more well-known because of it, but I'm not known for the things that I would like to be known for right now. I wanted to make a name for myself in singing. The pictures that have been released of me – the ones that actually are me – they were very personal and that is not how I intended to portray myself. I'd rather promote myself in a more classy way. And, again, that was private – that was not for the public eye.

Were you approached to pose in Playboy?

I heard about it but I was never approached.

Would you do it?

No. Right now I want to look at all the offers I get and sort out what's best for me right now. I'm definitely not opposed to acting or modeling or something. I would definitely do pop music, but I would add my style to it – you know, a little R&B-ish pop music, maybe bluesy, jazzy.

If anyone offers her a contract from a record label they're out of their mind. She couldn't sing if I did it for her.

When she was asked if she'd pose for playboy she said no and she wants to look at all the offers. That means you'll be seeing her in a few months I reckon agree
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you will! She might not be able to sing but you can fix that in a recording studio and all those little boys voting for her will buy her record too I guess! And what about the comment on modelling - I think that is hilarious!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ever there was a reason to vote for Sanjaya this is it.....

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjaya Anthem

Eric Schwartz is funny as hell. He's done a good job on this I thought. I'm going to post his website in the comedy section later as it's worth a good look at.

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.....that biatch must be starvin' right about now......hahahaha! Loved the Sanjaya anthem Irish! That was a laugh! I'm watching American Idol when I happen to have the tv on at the right time and place, but not going out of my way to watch it. I like the Doolittle singer. I can't remember her first name. I loved Sanjaya's hair when he had it in a ponytail mohawk. I found it entertaining, which should count a little in this contest, no? lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Hmmm.....that biatch must be starvin' right about now......hahahaha! Loved the Sanjaya anthem Irish! That was a laugh! I'm watching American Idol when I happen to have the tv on at the right time and place, but not going out of my way to watch it. I like the Doolittle singer. I can't remember her first name. I loved Sanjaya's hair when he had it in a ponytail mohawk. I found it entertaining, which should count a little in this contest, no? lol

erm if it was a show for the most ridiculous hairdo perhaps, but it looked like shite lol It's all about the singing although presentation adds into it all as well, but he really looked nasty Laughing

They had this big to-do about American Idol on CNN the other night. Howard Stern has been encouraging his listeners to vote for Sanjaya to take the piss out of the whole thing and have the worst contestant winning this year. Fox is upset because it could very well go the way of Sanjaya willing, and someone mentioned they're already writing the final song that's sung by the winner with him in mind. That's how serious everyone is about him winning the whole thing lol It would be funny and I'd not mind it for the humour side of it, although the good ones would be ripped off. Ah well....thems the breaks!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

erm if it was a show for the most ridiculous hairdo perhaps, but it looked like shite lol It's all about the singing although presentation adds into it all as well, but he really looked nasty Laughing

They had this big to-do about American Idol on CNN the other night. Howard Stern has been encouraging his listeners to vote for Sanjaya to take the piss out of the whole thing and have the worst contestant winning this year. Fox is upset because it could very well go the way of Sanjaya willing, and someone mentioned they're already writing the final song that's sung by the winner with him in mind. That's how serious everyone is about him winning the whole thing lol It would be funny and I'd not mind it for the humour side of it, although the good ones would be ripped off. Ah well....thems the breaks!

I can see why American Idol is getting pissed. There are a couple of them that still need to hit the road before we get serious about who is left. I do agree that Sanjaya will definitely have to go very soonly, because he doesn't have "serious" singing talented. His voice is not strong and he just doesn't have the natural ability. He's okay for a nice karaoke night out. I'd be lying though to say that I wasn't entertained by him. I've enjoyed him being on the show, but I do agree it's coming time for him to be on his way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was painful to watch. I didn't think one of them were any good, and now they're actually starting to compliment Sanjaya for his efforts. I've a feeling they're doing that because they know what's happening with everyone voting for him and don't want to come off looking like fools, but if he wins they will anyway.

They made up the rules to let the public decide so now they're paying the price, and I still see Sanjaya winning at the end. When you have the public voting it's not about talent anymore but about popularity and taste, not to mention they want to rake in the money for the voting, so seeing the public taking the piss is brilliant and I hope it all blows up in their faces dancer
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually the sum of the pro-idolites will outnumber all the Sanjaya fans so I don’t think he can win, unless all the fans of those who get voted off are so pissed they switch to Sanjaya to sabotage it all….unless…oh, my brain hurts.

Anyhoo – agreed, they were all very mediocre last night. Idol is finally paying the price for deliberately putting in sub standard acts. I don’t think they’ll make the same mistake next year (if there is a next year and they don’t switch to the X Factor).
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Eventually the sum of the pro-idolites will outnumber all the Sanjaya fans so I don’t think he can win, unless all the fans of those who get voted off are so pissed they switch to Sanjaya to sabotage it all….unless…oh, my brain hurts.

Anyhoo – agreed, they were all very mediocre last night. Idol is finally paying the price for deliberately putting in sub standard acts. I don’t think they’ll make the same mistake next year (if there is a next year and they don’t switch to the X Factor).

I think XFactor is 100% better than Idol. The judging is far better....well not sure now with Louis gone. Atleast the female part of the team can string a sentence together without hesitating every bloody word she says.....although Sharon has the habit of always telling them they look lovely which is completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If they can sing I don't care what they look like. I'd buy....no I'd get it off the net shhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: