American Idol 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say this is the worst series of American Idol I've ever seen. The only ones with talent are Lakisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle, Sabrina Sloan and Phil Stacey.

I can't believe Antonella Barba is still in it. Her voice is so pathetic it makes my skin crawl, and Sundance Head sounds like a cat in heat when he sings.

This had to be one of the most disappointing turnouts for them during the auditions so they really didn't have much choice than to pick the best they could, but what a load of rubbish they had to choose from!

I hope Lakisha Jones wins. Her voice is superb and I can see loads buying a CD she could put out as her voice would allow her to hit on so many genres.

Now....Ryan Seacrest grrr I HATE that stupid, arrogant, non-talented skinbag! That midget gets up on stage giving sarcastic comments to Simon like he's trying to build himself some recognisable shtick to be known and remembered for. He hasn't any talent as I don't see 'talking' as a talent at all and he hasn't a right to be mouthing off the way he does to someone like Simon that has a clue.

I'm shocked he's still on the show and I really wish he'd get sacked. I find him to be one of the most annoying people I've ever had the displeasure to see on tv, and along with the crap talent, he's making it very hard for me to continue watching.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think most of the girls are pretty decent singers, and Simon is invariably spot on with his comments too which make for good viewing.

The ongoing on-screen feuding with Madam Seacrest is highly amusing. Seacrest has no concept of how to tackle Simon's barbed wit.

There will undoubtedly be an all girls final - though I suspect votefortheworst.com will have a say in that, indeed they would have you believe they have something to do with Antonella as she is their "girls pick" to go with the imaginatively named 'Sundance'

Incidentally for those who want the inside scoop on the auditions, check THIS out
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a good link, cheers maycm - who'd have thought there was a conthspirathy of manipulation involved in primetime reality tv? Oh wait...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Actually I think most of the girls are pretty decent singers, and Simon is invariably spot on with his comments too which make for good viewing.

The ongoing on-screen feuding with Madam Seacrest is highly amusing. Seacrest has no concept of how to tackle Simon's barbed wit.

There will undoubtedly be an all girls final - though I suspect votefortheworst.com will have a say in that, indeed they would have you believe they have something to do with Antonella as she is their "girls pick" to go with the imaginatively named 'Sundance'

Incidentally for those who want the inside scoop on the auditions, check THIS out

The only way I'd ever vote for someone like Antonella if it was American Mime!

Thanks for the link thumbs
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
who'd have thought there was a conthspirathy of manipulation involved in primetime reality tv? Oh wait...

You're being sarcastic aren't you?…yes, that's it…definitely....I can tell you know. Not much gets past me...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
faceless wrote:
who'd have thought there was a conthspirathy of manipulation involved in primetime reality tv? Oh wait...

You're being sarcastic aren't you?…yes, that's it…definitely....I can tell you know. Not much gets past me...

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? Sarcastic? Yeah right.

haha
Boab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just watched all the shows from last night in a very short time (God bless sky+). They don't half waffle about on those shows. 90 seconds per song plus another 90 seconds for comments........fast forward and repeat for next artist. Well unless they bore me in the first 10 seconds, and quite a few did.

Lakisha was amazing. A few other girls were amazing as well but she stood out by far.

I really like that Chris guy. Pretty funny, but none of the guys are standouts. I'd be shocked if a girl didn't win this year, but hey look at last years winner Confused .

My fave from last year was Chris Daughtry and no guys are anywhere near as good as him.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
Well just watched all the shows from last night in a very short time (God bless sky+). They don't half waffle about on those shows. 90 seconds per song plus another 90 seconds for comments........fast forward and repeat for next artist. Well unless they bore me in the first 10 seconds, and quite a few did.

Lakisha was amazing. A few other girls were amazing as well but she stood out by far.

I really like that Chris guy. Pretty funny, but none of the guys are standouts. I'd be shocked if a girl didn't win this year, but hey look at last years winner Confused .

My fave from last year was Chris Daughtry and no guys are anywhere near as good as him.

Daughtry should have been the winner last year without a doubt. I was in shock when he left the show.

I liked Chris Richardson's performance but I can't see him tackling different genres of music, and that goes for 90% of the men.

The last XFactor found far better talent than AI did this year.
Boab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Boab wrote:

Daughtry should have been the winner last year without a doubt. I was in shock when he left the show.

I liked Chris Richardson's performance but I can't see him tackling different genres of music, and that goes for 90% of the men.

I was meaning the other Chris. The one you're on about is just a Justin clone. He offers nothing else IMO.

A girl will deffo win AI this year, but as good a talent as Leona is and Ben that was about it from X Factor IMO. The rest were instantly forgetable.

On another note i see that it didn't take long for naughty pics of antonella to surface. Dear oh dear will these girls ever learn Laughing .
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Boab wrote:

I was meaning the other Chris. The one you're on about is just a Justin clone. He offers nothing else IMO.

A girl will deffo win AI this year, but as good a talent as Leona is and Ben that was about it from X Factor IMO. The rest were instantly forgetable.

On another note i see that it didn't take long for naughty pics of antonella to surface. Dear oh dear will these girls ever learn Laughing .

If he's a Justin clone then I really need my vision and hearing checked! He's nothing of the sort and has his own original style. I find Justin revolting, but Chris on the otherhand is a nice bit of stuff lol blink

The 'other' Chris that's in this series is okayish but that's comparing him to absolute shite. I'd sound good compared to them...in the shower with a cold or flu, after a night of drink crazed

I had no idea Antonella had dodgy pics out but I don't go looking for that being a girl myself. You also have to take into consideration people do photochops so who knows what's authentic or not.

Being honest I don't really care. What I do care about is being punished into having to listen to her sing again. ack!
Boab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a good catholic boy i don't go looking for that kind of stuff myself lol. Nah they are shots with her boyfriend. TBH they could be photoshopped but it is her IMO. I didn't feel it worthwhile to post suck links. I'm sure it will be spread quick enough. If anything i'm glad its her cos her voice is rubbish.

I think Chris is very similar to Justin with his looks, style and singing style. Remember Justin was that way before he was a star. He'll be in for a while yet so we shall see what way they are pushing him towards.

I also like the beat box guy. Liked how he chose the Keane track. Think there could be some decent performances from him.

Chris Daughtry does rock though. I'm 100% red blloded hetrosexual, but if i was a girl.................... i would Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
Being a good catholic boy i don't go looking for that kind of stuff myself lol. Nah they are shots with her boyfriend. TBH they could be photoshopped but it is her IMO. I didn't feel it worthwhile to post suck links. I'm sure it will be spread quick enough. If anything i'm glad its her cos her voice is rubbish.

I think Chris is very similar to Justin with his looks, style and singing style. Remember Justin was that way before he was a star. He'll be in for a while yet so we shall see what way they are pushing him towards.

I also like the beat box guy. Liked how he chose the Keane track. Think there could be some decent performances from him.

Chris Daughtry does rock though. I'm 100% red blloded hetrosexual, but if i was a girl.................... i would Laughing

Someone got a wee bit flustered typing 'blooded' I see Laughing

The beat box guy was okay but forgettable as Simon would put it. I'm just not overly impressed with any of them other than Lakisha and a couple other girls. I think Simon should have sent them all home and called it a series wrapped up quick.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last nights show I think it's going to be a battle between Lakisha and Melinda. They're absolutely brilliant!

Lakisha sounded like the original artist doing the song she did. I'm not going to put too much detail because I know the UK gets it a bit later than we do but you're going to be pretty impressed. Melinda sounded like a seasoned professional and for sure they'll be the last 2. If they're not then America is out of their minds.
Boab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
After last nights show I think it's going to be a battle between Lakisha and Melinda. They're absolutely brilliant!

Lakisha sounded like the original artist doing the song she did. I'm not going to put too much detail because I know the UK gets it a bit later than we do but you're going to be pretty impressed. Melinda sounded like a seasoned professional and for sure they'll be the last 2. If they're not then America is out of their minds.

Can't believe who went this week. I agree with the first girl but how that Antonella stayed in is beyond me.

Was it AJ that went. That was a poor choice as well.

Mind you they did pick Taylor Hicks over Daughtry crazed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: