Hitler funded by.... ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was the caller cut off deliberately?
I heard it - Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I heard it - No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I heard it - not sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know, didn't hear it
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Hitler funded by.... ? Reply with quote

I record the Galloway TalkSPORT broadcasts on DAB radio. In a recent broadcast, there was a caller who was "lost" just as he was about to say something important. When I carefully replayed the recording, I believe the caller was cut off deliberately. If anyone here can remind me of the date of this broadcast, I would appreciate it.

The caller in question was discussing Hitler and WWII. He said words similar to "do you know who funded Hitler? It was... (fades to silence)" GG: "<sighs> - we seem to have lost xxxx, lets go over to..."

Now, as most of you know, it is unusual for George Galloway to be untruthful, and in this case I believe he was being a little economical with the truth, perhaps for a good reason. There is approximately a 7 second delay, so it appears to me that George had a few seconds to think and then decided after some reluctance that he did not want what was said to go out on air. Normally he would allow it to get said and then slag the caller off.

Usually when a call is dropped, George says "Hello? hello? We seem to have lost so and so...", but on this occasion, on replay, I heard the last word which was barely audible. But it was audible. The caller said "do you know who funded Hitler?". It was America... (faded)"

A Google search reveals there is something in this.

So...

1) does anyone know the date and approximate time of this incident?
2) if you heard the incident, do you agree that it was a deliberate cut off?
3) if yes for 2), why??

Maybe I should email him and ask him why. Possible reasons for cutting the caller off include
a) something else was said after America that was defamatory
b) George though it would inflame anti American opinion, and a cut off was the best thing
c) there may have been other legal or personal issues

However this is just speculation. I am sure there is a good reason, but I just cant figure out what it is!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting question, but there's no doubt that Hitler's government was at least supported by various american institutions, including George Bush's grandfather, as was shown in Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 as well as in those links.

I don't actually remember the particular caller, but if you could be a bit more specific about the date and approximate time in the show that would be useful. Even just what the main topics during the whole show were would help.

I'd guess though that the probable reason if there was a cut-off is probably that the point is pretty much understood already and it's not worth repeating? It could also be that when he was waiting he'd told the producer that he was going to talk about one subject, but diverted to go onto that instead...
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be much more specific, other than to say I think it was the first time he mentioned paying back the American war debt. He said he had only discovered that the UK were still paying for it. It's a pity you can't do word searches on audio files! I think it was within the last month. I will find it eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: