warning!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: warning! Reply with quote

The theme will be changed back to the normal bluetabs in a few days and let me tell you - it could be bit of a shock...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. I'm bracing myself! wow
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was thinking last night, how much of a shock it will be when we go back to the blue.

It seems such a shame to let our festive design go, especially since you and Irish worked so hard on it. (Not that the normal blue doesn't look great!). I suppose all good things must come to an end, though.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking in a card shop to see racks of valentines cards already on the shelves!

Perhaps cupid could visit us shortly?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
I was looking in a card shop to see racks of valentines cards already on the shelves!

Perhaps cupid could visit us shortly?

It would look nice, but, it's so much work for them to do, especially for just one day. Gosh! Valentines day already! I'm still winding down from Christmas.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shit you not...
Valentines & Easter stuff are already in the stores here Sad

I did just score about $400 worth of xmas decorations for next year (internal dressings etc) for the royal sum of $8.50 today Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily here nothing new is up yet. I am sure if I went to hobby lobby (which I probably will today) that will be a different story. But they believe in making sure you're prepared. Right now New Year's party stuff is just up in the stores.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
I totally believe you..... I used to work in retail and it was not uncommon to get some Christmas/Valentine's merchandise come in to the stock room in July!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysus I can't believe valentine stuff is up already! Not to be a killjoy, but it actually goes to show just how money hungry people in business are. They know people have maxed out their cards to buy christmas gifts and are sitting skint and depressed after the big day because they know they've a full year....if not more...ahead of them to pay it all off, then comes the 'pressure' of valentines day.

It's all really a big commercial event although it does have romantic overtones, but when you really think about it...its all about the money these shops rake in.

Having said that, the colour of the forum as it is now is very warm and lovely on the eyes. Maybe faceless will have something up his sleeve about a dual design Cool ....and even though I've sounded a bit of a humbug about valentines day, I'd be up for doing something nice for it as far as design goes. It's loads of fun to see it when we come here.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Jaysus I can't believe valentine stuff is up already! Not to be a killjoy, but it actually goes to show just how money hungry people in business are. They know people have maxed out their cards to buy christmas gifts and are sitting skint and depressed after the big day because they know they've a full year....if not more...ahead of them to pay it all off, then comes the 'pressure' of valentines day.

It's all really a big commercial event although it does have romantic overtones, but when you really think about it...its all about the money these shops rake in.

Having said that, the colour of the forum as it is now is very warm and lovely on the eyes. Maybe faceless will have something up his sleeve about a dual design Cool ....and even though I've sounded a bit of a humbug about valentines day, I'd be up for doing something nice for it as far as design goes. It's loads of fun to see it when we come here.

You're spot on really - though I reckon that the dark middle of February is the perfect time for some kind of celebration, but who needs the commercial tat that goes with it?

anyway, I think the dual-design thing would be best and there's no reason not to have a few themes available eh?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

You're spot on really - though I reckon that the dark middle of February is the perfect time for some kind of celebration, but who needs the commercial tat that goes with it?

anyway, I think the dual-design thing would be best and there's no reason not to have a few themes available eh?

Yeah lets go for dual-design. It is a lovely colour and seems to be popular.

There's only one catch to it all and that's the people with sigs that I've made. The back ground of them are in the original blue colour of the forum, and if they choose the blue but someone else chooses the red as their base colour, they're going to look a bit shite.

I think we should do away with the big sigs I've made and if people want something simple then to do that on their own. It makes viewing posts a bit easier as well, as some sigs make us have to scroll a good bit longer to get to what we're actually here for.

What's everyone think about them apples?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

There's only one catch to it all and that's the people with sigs that I've made. The back ground of them are in the original blue colour of the forum, and if they choose the blue but someone else chooses the red as their base colour, they're going to look a bit shite.

I think we should do away with the big sigs I've made and if people want something simple then to do that on their own. It makes viewing posts a bit easier as well, as some sigs make us have to scroll a good bit longer to get to what we're actually here for.

I think a dual design would be great.... if it's not too much work.

And as for the sig's..... as much as I loved mine, I will agree that it makes the posts a lot easier to read without all of them.

Ahhhh.... I'm so used to this red, the blue is going to seem strange.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I think a dual design would be great.... if it's not too much work.

And as for the sig's..... as much as I loved mine, I will agree that it makes the posts a lot easier to read without all of them.

Ahhhh.... I'm so used to this red, the blue is going to seem strange.

Ye know...I can probably make wee sigs in dual colours or perhaps png, but only say hmmmm maybe 50-100 px high so they're not really in the way too much. We'll see what the new year brings. I'm feeling in an artistic mood lately so I'll draw some things up once it changes over.

The blue is a lovely colour and as warm as the red is, but I think it's nice to have a choice and faceless was right about the idea, and the good thing is, the designs would be exclusive to the couchtripper so that makes us even more special....although we're already top of the heap when it comes to that already agree

Maybe even more colours can be added in the future....but for now I won't wreck anyones head!
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Ground Hog's Day? How come it gets passed over every year?!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
How about Ground Hog's Day? How come it gets passed over every year?!

It seems I miss it each year. I wake up and it's always the day after Groundhog Day. The same song is playing on the radio and it's like 24 hours of deja vu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: