Dechristmasfied
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Dechristmasfied Reply with quote

The inside of our home no longer looks like Christmas. It's always a bit weird when the tree is gone and such. However, outside lights won't go away until this weekend.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife announced that ours is all coming down, inside & out this weekend...

I put them all up (with a bit of kiddies help) every year...

She takes em down...

I wonder if the tree will hang about in other peoples yards again this year...

Last year we put it in the side yard to await collection... strong winds had it 'visit' a bunch of dif' neighbors lawns.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up and take down. Husband helps with both. Both are big jobs in my opinion. Taking down outside is a bit easier because we're pretty low key with what we put out there. We're not the Griswold's or anything Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I put up and take down. Husband helps with both. Both are big jobs in my opinion. Taking down outside is a bit easier because we're pretty low key with what we put out there. We're not the Griswold's or anything Laughing

We don't put out much inside so doesn't take too long to get it done. Outside are some basic strings of lights and a couple of floodlights, so not too hard either. We try to take them down as soon as we can after the New Year but sometimes it gets delayed because of the winter weather. What I REALLY hate though , are those people who leave them up until July !
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been informed nothing's coming down till our company leaves and that's not till Jan14th Mad

We've been away so haven't really got to see it all up too much but for the love of god enough is enough!

It's not bad enough everything inside this place is blinking, but my mum had to get a bloody fibre optic snowman for inside the house and the thing gives me the creeps. She put it on a speaker and it slowly changes colour and it's eyes go red like it's a devil, and when you're trying to watch something on tv, your eyes are taken away because of the colour changes.

Right...enough complaining.....for now Confused
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish....

You could accidently knock the thing off the speaker whilst using ya' hoover?

Or

It could mysteriously stop working over night, blame it on the areas infestation of fibre optic eating fungus Smile

Or...

Put ya' foot down & say "I live here & it's pissing me off" as you looke everybody in the eye, pull the plug & launch it out the window/door.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Irish....

Or

It could mysteriously stop working over night, blame it on the areas infestation of fibre optic eating fungus Smile

Or...

Put ya' foot down & say "I live here & it's pissing me off" as you looke everybody in the eye, pull the plug & launch it out the window/door.

Before everyone else woke up I snuck downstairs and took the little bugger and shoved him in the pantry behind the crock pot. My mum came down not too long after and didn't notice a thing till she got her tea and went to the sitting room. The sun was shining really bright and she said oh I best put the snowman in the sun to charge him up! She noticed of course he wasn't on the speaker and knew right away who did it bored1

I said no worries, he'll show up at some point. He's probably hanging out with cunning

She hasn't found him yet. Updates to follow! lol
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:
Irish....

Or

Or...

Before everyone else woke up I snuck downstairs and took the little bugger and shoved him in the pantry behind the crock pot. My mum came down not too long after and didn't notice a thing till she got her tea and went to the sitting room. The sun was shining really bright and she said oh I best put the snowman in the sun to charge him up! She noticed of course he wasn't on the speaker and knew right away who did it bored1

I said no worries, he'll show up at some point. He's probably hanging out with cunning

She hasn't found him yet. Updates to follow! lol

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You're killing me!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thecouchtripper.com/irishmafia/snowman%20001.MPG

Shhhhh shhh

I was crouching in the pantry with the lights out so I'd not to give myself away taking a wee film of my hostage. My mum's after freaking on me looking all over for him, so I thought it an opportune time to sneak down and get a shot. I might take a snap and send it to her with a ransom note.

Updates to follow! ....and remember shhh

Isn't he an evil looking prick?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
http://www.thecouchtripper.com/irishmafia/snowman%20001.MPG

Shhhhh shhh

I was crouching in the pantry with the lights out so I'd not to give myself away taking a wee film of my hostage. My mum's after freaking on me looking all over for him, so I thought it an opportune time to sneak down and get a shot. I might take a snap and send it to her with a ransom note.

Updates to follow! ....and remember shhh

Isn't he an evil looking prick?

Quite evil and those lights don't help one bit! Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is CLEARLY evil!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lights are the souls of children he has taken over the years...and now I think he's coming for me! I'm sure of it!

Bastard!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Those lights are the souls of children he has taken over the years...and now I think he's coming for me! I'm sure of it!

Bastard!

I hate to tell you the bad news... but....

That is a clown dressed up as a snowman.. with the evil ticking heart of a huge woman eating spider that drives the evil clowns mind...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Bastard!

That is a clown dressed up as a snowman.. with the evil ticking heart of a huge woman eating spider that drives the evil clowns mind...

I knew there was more to that fat bastard than meets the eye, and you'll never guess what's happened. There's now 2 of them!

All these years I thought I was the queen of cheek, but it seems my mum has me beat. She thought she'd teach me a lesson and went and got the last one they had, so now there's 2 of the ratfaced bastards!

She'll pay big for this grrr

sneaky <----- my mum .....film at 11 Crying
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Bastard!

I knew there was more to that fat bastard than meets the eye, and you'll never guess what's happened. There's now 2 of them!

All these years I thought I was the queen of cheek, but it seems my mum has me beat. She thought she'd teach me a lesson and went and got the last one they had, so now there's 2 of the ratfaced bastards!

She'll pay big for this grrr

sneaky <----- my mum .....film at 11 Crying

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: