US politician - "Give guns to teachers"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: US politician - "Give guns to teachers" Reply with quote

US politician: give teachers guns
Friday, December 15, 2006

Here's one way of controlling unruly kids in school - give the teachers guns. American senator Bob Beers wants to issue teachers with a weapon and give them firearms training to act as a 'deterrent' to classroom violence. Nevada senator Beers claims more than a dozen guns confiscated at schools in Clark county and numerous incidents of gun violence in and around Las Vegas back his idea up. He said: 'We have banned guns in schools in Nevada and most of the rest of the nation for the last 20 years. Part of the problem is a small percentage of the population is brought up without a knowledge of and respect for guns. I would expect enough teachers would be interested so it would serve as a deterrent.'

He will try and introduce legislation to get the plans legalised in Nevada next year. Las Vegas school officials disagreed with the idea. Clark County school Superintendent Walt Rulffes said: 'The more people who have guns, the more likely it is that there will be a shootout'. He added there were no studied to back up what senator Beers was suggesting.

School trustee Sheila Moulton said teachers might need more training to identify and deal with potentially violent students. But she rejected the idea of arming teachers. She said: 'That is not the solution. I'm not for putting guns in the classroom even when teachers are trained on how to use them.'

-------------------

I sometimes wonder what world these politicians live in - in fact, it's more than sometimes... twats like this Beers guy are reactionary arseholes who should try looking at solving the causes rather than responding to the result of their massively failing policies.

If they can't do it in "The greatest country in the world" then why is it that every other civilised country can at least keep a lid on such things?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading this awhile back and it made me sick. Not to mention I know some teachers that if they had guns would cause more problems then they do already! It's a stupid idea and he should be ashamed of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: