introduction - PLEASE READ

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: introduction - PLEASE READ Reply with quote

I've been a fan of George Galloway's since he was my local MP here in Glasgow back in the mid 90s. He's always seemed to be one of the very few politicians prepared to speak the sometimes unpopular truth and to stand up for those who are being oppressed as a result of British actions (both political and cultural)

This isn't to say that I agree with everything he says though, and stand firmly against him on such matters as Scottish independence and his denial of the idea that there are cabals of people manipulating global opinion and action through the mass-media.

Apart from those two niggles I really do have genuine support for his attitude towards the world and this section is meant to be a place where supporters and fans can have their say. If you're in disagreement with anything that is said, that's fine - but if you become aggressive or promote any kind of far-right policy then your posts will be deleted.

The basic idea is to give those supporters who otherwise can't have their say the chance to respond to the radio shows and any other kind of media that is current. If you see a news report, feel free to post it. If you see a video on YouTube (or any other similar site) that might be interesting to others, you can copy the "embed code" directly into a post here and it will work.

If you want to download the radio shows you need to be registered and then click on the "Galloway" link at the top of the page beneath the banner...

I think that about covers most of the angles, but if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post.

Cool
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know very little about him. It will be interesting to learn some more.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

haha.... I was just thinking that, too! Laughing

I think this is a great idea for a thread, Face and look forward to learning more!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I think this is a great idea for a thread, Face and look forward to learning more!

Didn't either of you watch Celebrity Big Brother? If not you're missing out on a real treat. The one he was on was completely wicked.

Anyway ....I'll give you a female, non-political point of view on George.

I'm not into older men, but when it comes to ole blue eyes Galloway well...... blink He's quite the looker for a man his age. It's actually not just the looks but the whole package. He's very intelligent and represents himself extremely well, and whether you agree with his political views or not he's very intriguing and charismatic.

He has one of those voices that if he was simply reading the phonebook he'd have my attention. The accent and the tone in which he speaks just does something for me, but of course that's not what this thread is about.

That tidbit should help you get to know him better though Surprised

As to what Bob had to say, I think faceless should post that video of when he was in the senate. The ladies might enjoy that.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Didn't either of you watch Celebrity Big Brother? If not you're missing out on a real treat. The one he was on was completely wicked.

Anyway ....I'll give you a female, non-political point of view on George.

I'm not into older men, but when it comes to ole blue eyes Galloway well...... blink He's quite the looker for a man his age. It's actually not just the looks but the whole package. He's very intelligent and represents himself extremely well, and whether you agree with his political views or not he's very intriguing and charismatic.

He has one of those voices that if he was simply reading the phonebook he'd have my attention. The accent and the tone in which he speaks just does something for me, but of course that's not what this thread is about.

That tidbit should help you get to know him better though Surprised

As to what Bob had to say, I think faceless should post that video of when he was in the senate. The ladies might enjoy that.

Didn't catch Celebrity Big Brother... but maybe next time. Smile

I think this is going to turn out to be an interesting thread, for sure.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's about time some simple rules were set out in order that everyone gets the best from this forum. If more need to be added to this later then they will, but for now please observe these.

Show others respect - if they're saying things that are reprehensible (rather than just not what you agree with) then send me or the other admins (skylace, eefanincan) a message and we'll deal with it if needs be.

If you can't discuss things without aggression then you're not the kind of member we want and you will lose access.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: