Buy a white Christmas on Ebay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Buy a white Christmas on Ebay! Reply with quote

White Xmas up for grabs on eBay

A British company is offering a white Christmas on eBay to raise money for charity. The winner of the auction will receive a 10-tonne lorry load of snow on Christmas Eve. The offer also includes a decorated Christmas tree, a front door wreath and Christmas lights, reports the Mirror.

The SNO!zone company, which runs three indoor ski slopes, is behind the auction. It promises to deliver the snow in refrigerated trucks to any property in England and Wales with reasonable access and enough outdoor space. It will be placed outside the buyer's home by "trained staff", the eBay listing says. The eBay listing warns: "There is no guarantee attached to how long the snow will last and there is no provision for the snow to be removed."

Proceeds from the auction will go to the NSPCC children's charity.

--------------

I tried to find the auction, but no luck...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I could get rich from my front lawn, alone!!!! Laughing Laughing
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go......!

Link

Was sitting at 920.00 at the time of posting.

Sounds like a great idea - the gift for the person who has everything, and for charity too. I'm sure the free publicity they are getting never entered into their minds though. wow

Sorry though Face, only open to bids from England and Wales. What's wrong with these people?
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pissed off if I bid & won the thing, then the day of delivery it chucked down a nice blanket of snow naturaly....

I'd wager that the above scenario will happen, somebody will win the bid & end up with snow delivered to an already snow covered place... Smile

It's sods law isn't it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could afford one. But I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that nature decides to send us one for free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: